What's new

Netfleet auction question

ttfan

Top Contributor
I watched the end of today netfleet auction, and looked at the list that sold afterwards. A few hours I can now see tomorrow's auction, with some of the same names on the list. I had assumed those ones that did not sell earlier would have expired? If not. perhaps netfleet bought them, and tried to sell them again the next day? Do I misunderstand how this works?

ttfan

Top Contributor
You're right, that sounds very much like the same thing!

So ones that don't sell, are supposed to expire, right?

ttfan

Top Contributor
Funny thing was that the two domains I was interested in expired with no bids, so I hand-regged them afterwards. I wonder if I would have been so lucky if I had placed a bid? :(

ttfan

Top Contributor
This is definitely dodgy, and even though netfleet has been aware of it for several days, they have not fixed.
Another example:
cricketbat.com.au was listed on auction as finishing today at 2pm. After 2pm, it was listed as "lost" with a bid of $20. it's listed again in the current auction, which finishes tomorrow at 2pm. I'd be pretty pissed off if I won today's action, and it was listed again and lost it!
How fair is that!

neddy

Top Contributor
This is definitely dodgy, and even though netfleet has been aware of it for several days, they have not fixed.
Another example:
cricketbat.com.au was listed on auction as finishing today at 2pm. After 2pm, it was listed as "lost" with a bid of $20. it's listed again in the current auction, which finishes tomorrow at 2pm. I'd be pretty pissed off if I won today's action, and it was listed again and lost it!
How fair is that!

http://www.domainer.com.au/a-glitch-that-needs-to-be-fixed/#comment-1233

ttfan

Top Contributor
Good on you for posting that on your blog neddy as well (some of the comments in your blog were mine;)) Hopefully this will get them to take notice, because I think this is disgraceful considering how long they've know!!!
It's pretty obvious they stand to benefit from this financially...

neddy

Top Contributor
Good on you for posting that on your blog neddy as well (some of the comments in your blog were mine;)) Hopefully this will get them to take notice, because I think this is disgraceful considering how long they've know!!!
It's pretty obvious they stand to benefit from this financially...
Judging from my correspondence and phone calls with Jonathan Gleeson, I genuinely think that he is concerned to get this fixed. Let's hope that it is soon a thing of the past.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo