1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Netfleet AMA + Paperless COR -> Domain not in my control?

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by Lucas, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Lucas

Lucas Membership: Trader

Won the auction a week ago for a domain on Netfleet AMA.

After a couple of days the seller initiated the COR process and it went through with no problems, so a whois on the domain shows my details.

However, I noticed the domain was not actually showing up in my VentraIP account. I emailed Netfleet who got back to me quickly and said they would inform the seller, nothing happened.

After numerous further emails with Netfleet they have informed me the seller has 'pushed' the domain to my account (using the correct email address) but I have received no email from VentraIP and seen no changes in my VentraIP control panel?

After getting frustrated with the whole thing I emailed VentraIP to try and ask them for help to which they replied telling me to contact the seller and get them to push the domain into my account (which seller claims they have already done)... Grrr.

The question is why is the COR and the push separate? What good is it buying a domain if I cannot access / use it? Surely the COR and push to the buyers account should be one and the same process as far as the buyer and seller are concerned. As far as I can see the way it is set up now with VentraIP is so illogical most people, except seasoned buyers and sellers, are not even aware there are two different steps which must be taken to fully transfer a domain. </end_rant>

2. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    If you get no love, you can always to a transfer to another registrar. You as the registrant will get the email to accept the transfer. You then approve it and transfer it back again.

But i'm sure VIP will be able to fix it somehow.

3. VentraIP

VentraIP Membership: VIP

4. AnthonyP

AnthonyP Membership: VIP

Angelo,

Is it possible for you to review the requirements for a push, it is causing confusion for a majority of participants in the Netfleet Aftermarket Auctions who choose to use VentraIP.

I have gone so far as to add an automated email into our system asking sellers to PUSH to buyers yet this is still failing to be completed correctly.

5. VentraIP

Anthony,

Unfortunately it's not possible to remove the push at the end of the COR process. The actual Change of Registrant process is completely separate from the push (the move to a different VIPControl account).

We've had several hundred COR's performed in the past couple of weeks, and 99% of them have had no issues, and understand the process. Ultimately, people need to read the instructions carefully and then act upon them.

Cheers,

Angelo

6. Lucas

Lucas Membership: Trader

Why? How do Drop.com.au manage to do it without the extra step then?

It might be two different steps as far as your system is concerned but as far as buyer and seller are concerned why not make it one step like every other registrar local and international?

7. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yes... I don't understand why after the cor is complete, you know exactly who the legal registrant is so why not move it to the respective account automatically if the email matches?

And, I think saying that 99% of cors have had no issue is maybe a little hopeful. With my dozen on so cors with VIP, about half have had problems. Also the fact that Netfleet have had to code something in specifically suggests it's not a 1 in 100 issue.

Hope you can get it sorted.

8. acheeva

acheeva Membership: VIP

My experience is similar and I regularly have to get the guys at NetFleet to prompt the seller to take this final step

It is easy to say that the detail is included the emails but we are all guilty of ignoring the "fine print"

9. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I have to agree that the current process can be painful. That's not having a smack at you VentraIP - it's genuinely trying to be constructive. :)

A lot of us domainers have posted on this over the past few months.

I have had a couple of instances where the person hasn't pushed the domain for whatever reason (despite my email requests to them). In the end,
    I have had to transfer the domain out to another registrar where I automatically then have full control.

So I agree with DavidL, Acheeva and others - if you can change this, it will truly be for the better.

10. VentraIP

Unfortunately is it not technically possible to do it with how we interact with WHMCS. We don't use the WHMCS client side, and we have looked at this many times and it simply can't be done.

We would need to write an entirely separate Change Of Registrant "system" in order for us to do this, and I can tell you that it's not even in the pipeline I'm afraid.

I wish I had better news for you guys.

11. AnthonyP

I've now resorted to doing the same thing.
    I send users a link to
    http://admin.auda.org.au/password_recovery/recover_password.faces
    so they can recover the password and gain control of these domains.

12. AnthonyP

Pretty sure that it is a Registrar responsibility to provide a Registrant with access to their domains when requested, so if you are unable to provide a technical solution it might be necessary to train your support staff to do the "contacting the seller" step.