What's new

NetAlliance Townsville.com.au Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

soj

Founder
I have closed the other thread, but there are still people that have things to say, and results from the auDA which will need to be discussed.

This does not mean that the verbal banter starts again, I want it to be very civil, fair to all parties, and to have the matter discussed in an appropriate way. We are all adults here, so lets act like them ;)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Good idea to continue some discussion due to the fact a very active thread with many members getting involved ....... its a forum

Of course common courtesy should always be expected

DavidL

Top Contributor
Agree. Courtesy and respect at all times.

Also, thanks soj for deleting all those bogus new accounts. Notice the member count has dropped back down from 211 to 201. If people need to create fake accounts to pretend someone else supports their arguments it suggests that their original argument is pretty weak.

Billy01

Top Contributor
No Disrespect to Netfleet

Sorry I didn't mean to come across harsh at all but its the evolution of the internet in general. There are other models etc Netfleet will one day have a big competitor etc etc. There will be real choice in the market in the not too distant future. Some will go elsewhere its life.......

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Sorry I didn't mean to come across harsh at all but its the evolution of the internet in general. There are other models etc Netfleet will one day have a big competitor etc etc. There will be real choice in the market in the not too distant future. Some will go elsewhere its life.......

When there is money to be made I'm sure there will be competition. Right now not so much..

Also, thanks soj for deleting all those bogus new accounts. Notice the member count has dropped back down from 211 to 201. If people need to create fake accounts to pretend someone else supports their arguments it suggests that their original argument is pretty weak.

Wow! What happened to the courtesy and respect NetFleet? I'm not fake, and I'm still here.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I never suggested you were fake did I?

Now that you mention it, would you mind telling us a little about yourself please?

Many thanks

David

domainer

with all this talk of inside knowledge and having an unfair advantage on the previous related thread. I would like to know from netfleet, whether any of your associated entities ever purchased a domain name from a seller on own site www.netfleet.com.au?

geodomains

Top Contributor
Domainer,
1st post I see, well I can answer your question as David has purchased a domain off me via Netfleet, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, he went through the same process as anyone else would.

I know he's purchased other domains that were on his site, nothing wrong with that as anyone else could have purchased.

Don

Netfleet, you must be really rattled if you go onto a forum and accuse your opponents of creating bogus accounts just so they can disagree with you. Then to go further by publicly thanking soj for deleting these supposed bogus accounts smacks of desperation to me. Or maybe you’re trying to look good for auDA?

I’ve just had a look at the member list and compared it to those that posted in the past couple of days – there are only three new members that posted. Occy is still there; I’m still there; and even pseudonym who supported you is still there. All other posters have been members for a while.

For sake of truthfulness, perhaps the moderator can confirm this?

domainer

geodomains

i never said there was anything wrong from buying the name from his own site, however has david announced all his purchases on "Recent Sales" on netfleet website

geodomains

Top Contributor
Domainer,
with all this talk of inside knowledge and having an unfair advantage on the previous related thread

i never said there was anything wrong from buying the name from his own site

Your first sentence had me believing you thought there was something wrong

To answer this question
has david announced all his purchases on "Recent Sales" on netfleet website

you would have to ask David

Don

DavidL

Top Contributor
Guys,

Looks like this thread has deteriorated again. Veering completely off-topic and dominated by brand 'new' posters who refuse to identify themselves or their agendas.

I'm off to the UK tomorrow & a little bit over this (need to do some packing too!). If you think Netfleet has done anything untoward, speak with the relevant authorities and let them deal with it please.

We registered Townsville.com.au as part of our testing procedure. We test every day (missed everything today - Kudos George & DW) and have done for weeks. Maybe we just got lucky on Monday. As part of that test, we need to have a registrant ready. We used Netfleet just as I'm sure D8 and DW used themselves or related entities when they were in testing phase. Nothing wrong with that - repeat you have to use someone - we thought it may as well be us.

So see you on my return

David

neddy

Top Contributor
David, I'm not a brand new poster, and I'm not veering off topic!

Firstly, let me say again that NetFleet has done a great job with what they have created. I have said this many times on this forum. I have also been great supporters of theirs, and happily offered suggestions and ideas along the way.

I also know that they buy and sell domains for their own account. Some people may not like this and think that they have a conflict of interest, however legally and technically they are doing nothing wrong.

But what I and many others are up in arms about is the fact that they used their "Domain Snapper" system to acquire extremely valuable domains for an entity that is partly owned by a Registrar. When challenged, they have tried to pass this off as "testing". When further challenged, they have attempted to change the ownership (i.e. Registrant) of all the domains they "snapped".

Geodomains asked David this question last night:

I see you've changed the registrant details for the other 3 domains now to Publishing Australia.

Why have you done that?

Don

David replied:

Well people seem to have a problem with the domains being registered by an entity part owned by a registrar. So hopefully this solves much of the problem?

David, don't you see that your latest actions are not going to solve the problem? In my opinion, they will only exacerbate them.

But let me ask you one final set of questions?

1. If you are not stripped of these domains by auDA, what are you going to do with them?

2. What are you going to do with the profits that you will undoubtedly make from them in time to come (particularly townsville.com.au)? Will your partner in NetAlliance Pty Ltd (NetRegistry) get a share of these profits?

And please don't suggest again that I'm stirring the pot! These are reasonable questions that deserve a reasonable response.

Cheers, Ned

domainer

david

i havent accused you of anything and i dont understand how the thread deteriorated, i simply asked a question of whether you have acquired a domain name from a seller on netfleet, and if so, were these purchases published in the "recent sales" section?

by the way, how is it an issue that i am a new poster?

Last edited:

domainer

david

im personally aware of one case where the following occured on netfleet

1. seller lists the name on netfleet with the intention to get the best price possible for the name

2. seller makes an error (but doesnt realise this until much later) and lists the name with a "buy now" price

3. strangely though no-one was able to search for the domain listing in order to place a bid or to grab it at the "buy now" price

4. It turns out somehow Publishing Australia Pty Ltd manage buy the name from the seller within an hour or so of the listing at the "buy now" price

5. seller contacts you to advise you that no-one was able to search the listing in order to place a bid and to advise you that "buy now" price was an error as the seller wanted multiple bidders to get the best possible price. He also asks you to investigate and advise whether the listing was readily available to any person searching your site, which turns out it wasnt.

6. lawyers involved to force the seller to hand over the domain rather than putting the name back on the market (as requested by the seller) to get the best price for the name.

in my opinion that is not right, does anyone disagree?

david, do you have anything to say?

Last edited:

soj

Founder
domainer, these are some serious allegations, I take no responsibility to what anyone apart from myself have posted!

domainer

when researching the domain in question, we found the original company/owner was UNDER EXTERNAL ADMINISTRATION, my business partner contacted the administrator and placed an offer to buy the name.

20/03/2009 - the administrator informed us that he was going to place the name on netfleet to determine a market price for the domain name.

We search “Domain Name Search” on netfleet religiously every hour to see when the listing goes live to place our bids, but the name doesn’t come up at all in “Domain Name Search”

23/03/09 09:49 AM - seller places the name for sale on netfleet and then receives a confirmation email telling him the listing has been approved, the seller placed the name on netfleet with a "starting price of $500 AUD" and didnt realise that he also selected a "Target / Buy Now Price of $500"

We still continue to search “Domain Name Search” on netfleet religiously every hour to see when the listing goes live to place our bids, but the name still doesn’t come up at all in “Domain Name Search”

23/03/09 11:50 AM – Publishing Australia Pty Ltd buys the name for $500

We still continue to search “Domain Name Search” on netfleet religiously every hour to see when the listing goes live to place our bids, but the name still doesn’t come up at all in “Domain Name Search” nor does it come up in the "Recent Sales" section, actually it never came up even as of today

25/03/2009 5:37 PM - we get an email from the seller telling us the name was sold on netfleet to the sole offer received

25/03/2009 5:50 PM - we contact the seller by phone and inform him that the name never made available to the public, turns out the only way to find the name was by knowing the exact url and the 5 digit id code at the end of the url eg: http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=d&id=35417,

26/03/09 08:01 AM - seller sends email to netfleet
Dear Netfleet Team,
I have been contacted by a prospective purchaser who says he is unable to search the listing in order to place a bid. My search test confirms. The only access appears to be the link provided by you below, and that is not available to prospective purchasers. Can you please investigate and advise whether the listing was readily available to any person searching your site.

Now the legal people get involved and seller is informed that they must sell the name to Publishing Australia Pty Ltd as per terms and conditions on netfleet

04/04/2009 - email to us from the seller
The Liquidator has completed the sale transaction with Publishing Australia Pty Ltd, after taking legal advice and further negotiations with the Purchaser.

Last edited:

Occy

Hi David,

How are you today.

I was interested in, from a domainers point of view, your strategy on the registration of domain names. I noticed that you recently sold innovarchi.com.au for a nice profit, which is an existing registered company. Did you sell it to innovarchi.pty.ltd?

I noticed that you have several existing company names registered which you are monetising. Like hunterwines.com.au, reedbooks.com.au, digitalone.com.au, amcontrading.com.au, acigroup.com.au, avillion.com.au, raglan.com.au, melanka.com.au, pantano.com.au.

I was thinking of registering a few myself and would like your advice on the profitability of this strategy.

I did think it was against auDA policy but hey you are the expert.

Thanks
Occy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics