What's new

Net Fleet Listing Suggestions

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I just wanted to throw an idea out there for NetFleet.

A couple of weeks ago a domain that my father was interested in buying (and that he had watched) received an offer on NetFleet which and I remember him at the time him chatting on the phone with me and him seeing the NetFleet listing of the domain with the new offer and it saying the "offer stands and expires in X days..." and home then going "so I have 6 days to get my offer in?" and I was like "hell no - that's a good offer for that domain which the seller might accept at any time so if you are willing to pay more you need to get your offer in as soon as possible!"

I guess my point is that sometimes it isn't clear that if you are interested in a domain that some else has put in a bid on you really want to get your bid in as quickly as possible to make sure that they don't sell to the first bidder.

Maybe having in warning like writing, big and red, so it stands out, you could have

"Domains has currently received an offer which can be accepted by the seller at ANY time in the next Xday Xhours X minutes. If you wish to purchase this domain submit your offer as soon as possible to ensure that this domain isn't sold prior to you submitting an offer!"

That way people aren't confused by the countdown feature.

Also I just checked out a page that had an offer on it and I noticed that everything above the fold "doesn't seem urgent" and there are no loud calls to action above the fold you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to submit a bid or even realise that the domain has an offer on it...

I just think that any traffic that that is semi interested in the domain that lands on that page through whatever means should immediately get the sense of "oh wow things are really happening with this domain - this needs my attention now" whereas presently I think everything above the fold is more about being "informative" and "passive"...

My gut feeling is that any active offer on a domain should be at the top of the page, and the ability to bid shouldn't be too far below that.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
What if the bid exceeds the desired price example:

In the bargain basement there is BusinessSmall/net/au has an offer for $210 and a target price of $200 ......what's up with that ?

Agree a warning for current bids on a name is a good idea

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Currently, it's quite frequently. We'll try and get these changes done next week Chris
WOW!

:eek:

You guys run and efficient ship over there! I was thinking it was a every couple of months thing... might have to put the thinking cap on and offer some more feedback...

:D

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members