What's new

.Net.Au market looks to have have collapsed

Do you think the market for .Net.Au names has collapsed?

• Yes

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snoopy

Top Contributor
Just following on from the discussion in the tvguide.net.au thread,

After looking at some data it seems to me that the market for .net.au names looks to have collapsed in the last two years (since google made its exact changes). Now I think a lot of us know .com.au has weakened very significantly, but .net.au looks to have fallen off a cliff.

Looking at namebio.com

Number of .net.au sales

2015 (so far) - 3 sales
2014 - 2 sales
2013 - 8 sales
2012 - >100 sales

It hard to get data for prior years, but it looks roughly like 2010 and 2011 also had over 100 sales,

findtim

Top Contributor
F THAT !
thats a friday funny, so its now a FF that !

rhythm, photoman........... please do not tell me you are serious ! , "level the playing field" and " give, to the needy" , holy SH*T.
there is a domain name that i could have owned as a hand reg back in 2003, i didn't buy it, i KICKKKK myself now as it is in a competitors hands and it costs me @ 10K a year in lost income to compete in that particular market against him, but i don't say " ohhh it should have been mine........." , i just made a decision and it was the WRONG one at the time and now i live with it, i am NOT going to cry poor or find some way to get it off him, he purchased it, good on him, i didn't, bugger, so for those who didn't register the .com.au and later ended up with only a .net.au LIVE WITH IT.

also its the 29th june, so if you are going to comment on a subject like this i sure hope you spent time to comment on the auda domain names policy , which would mean maybe you'd be a member of auda ! because if you aren't and you don't then you opinion is mute.
tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Are developed keyword .Net.Au's seen as authority sites (just thinking of secondary blogs linking to the .com.au)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member