1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

need a phone app tutorial

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by findtim, Dec 14, 2016.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i'm doing an app with the kids over school holidays just for fun, phone app not web app.
    and helpful links or hints greatly appreciated.
    youtube of course, looking for that gem of a tutorial "getting started" as i want the kids to do it all, 1 each
    andriod not iphone
    tim

2. Christopher

Christopher Membership: Community

The Only thing that comes to mind Tim, is zenva, that are running a sale at the moment, where you could pick up a great course cheaply to teach your kids how to make a game app for their phones. https://academy.zenva.com/

3. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    thats looks perfect, starter = $19
    and then we can work our way up,

thanks
    tim

Christopher likes this.
  4. Christopher

5. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
  6. Christopher

7. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    this android studio is complex, kinda like a blank page in dreamweaver creating a website

heaps of shortcuts IF you know which ones to use, java ( i think) rather then php
    drag and drop which is good.
    1.5gig download then unzip the exe for 5gig of info, then install the operating systems 1 hour + so plan on it taking a day learning something basiccccccccccccc after you get it up and running.
    THEN error that make no sense? i think i haven't installed something or done what i have wrong? but its not working for me @ 90% working but that means totally not working !

but i'll persist, i'm hoping the tutorials all use a common language that way i can learn properly, i KNOW IOS will be different but for now android will do.

tim

Christopher likes this.