What's new

NameBid.com.au

robert

Top Contributor
Wow. I haven't logged-in here in months and it's disappointing (although not surprising) to see the same old people making the same old dramatic negative noise. Doesn't look like many people have hung around, either.

No offence to Chris Burgess, who owns this site, and who I like (and know is well-liked), but it seems like you've lost this forum to the "negatives", mate, who have no idea what's actually going on, and don't really care about our industry at all.

Well, here's the good news, folks!
NameBid.com.au
Finally, an alternative <breathe - deep breath - oh feels so good>.

I sold $85,000 worth of Australian domain names in the first week of November, and have big plans for the NameBid Aftermarket early next year. Big plans that include all your domain name portfolios.

The names I recently sold (and future sales from DBR and NameBid) will appear on DNJournal.com and NameBid.com.au exclusively from this point forward.

It's time for a change. You've all been waiting for it. I've just spent 6 months talking with some good-positive-hearted domainers who've made some great input, who actually care and love our Australian domain name industry, and many who are backing this project, and we're all going to make this happen.

Andrew Rosener, who is one of the greatest domain name sellers in the world right now, said the following this week, and it really hit home:

"Internet trolls are a cancer, like terrorists. By definition they work to instil fear in communities and discussion participants. Folks who actually have something to say refrain out of fear of blowback from trolls. They should be CRUSHED like bugs with zero mercy."

He then said this:

"Anyone who supports, sponsors or participates in any venue that supports or condones internet trolls, you should be embarrassed."

And although he was talking about an American domainer forum, it instantly made me, and a lot of people I talk to on the phone each day, compare these statements to this very Australian domain name forum, and a few regular contributors who carry on like negative pork-chops on here.

Our Australian domain name industry deserves better than this.

All positive domainers who truly care about the future of the Australian domain name industry are now welcome over at NameBid. That's why we've made it. Register now. In our infancy. Because, starting next week, you'll be able to add your own News Articles and Events. Then, in January next year, you'll be able to add your domain name portfolios and actually sell some of them for a change with a new system we have devised that has never been done anywhere in the world, or on any domain name aftermarket! platform! I believe it's going to be revolutionary.

Hoorah!!

I'm in a really good mood because the new auDA Chair looks as though he's going to lead auDA into a very bright future indeed. Chris Leptos looks like the right guy for the job. Well done to the current board for their hard work in their selection process. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

For those of you who wish to join NameBid at this early stage, and attempt to make "the cut" and have your registration approved (it's pretty easy, you just have to be positive, or at least be constructive, professional and adult-like in your criticism, and love our Australian domain name industry, of course!) we'll see you over there.

Over and out from me, I'll be over at NameBid from this moment onwards, and I can't wait to associate with those who choose to join me.

< the few negative people who still actually visit here, who unfortunately won't make "the cut", should now feel free to write their negative comment below >

Reactions: Tom

chris

Top Contributor
Hi @robert, always happy for members to mention their initiatives, you don't have to insult DNT and the community in the process. Just because some members may not express your views doesn't mean that they don't know what's going on or don't care about the industry.

DNT has always been about open discussion whether positive or negative.

Good luck with your project.

Shane

Top Contributor
It's great what you've achieved Robert, and I like the idea of the new platform (and have just joined), but wow, quite an introduction!

There is a lot negative talk around here at the moment, but that's due to a specific issue, rather than all of us being negative generally.

For the record, I don't share any of the negativity towards au domain names, but I do have major issues in terms of the way auDA is being run. Hopefully that will change, and I'm sure you'll be a strong part of that via the constitutional review.

So best of luck, happy to join up, but I share Chris' sentiment that insulting the DNT community, whilst using the forum to spruik your own service, is quite disrespectful.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Wow. I haven't logged-in here in months and it's disappointing (although not surprising) to see the same old people making the same old dramatic negative noise. Doesn't look like many people have hung around, either.

No offence to Chris Burgess, who owns this site, and who I like (and know is well-liked), but it seems like you've lost this forum to the "negatives", mate, who have no idea what's actually going on, and don't really care about our industry at all.

Well, here's the good news, folks!
NameBid.com.au
Finally, an alternative <breathe - deep breath - oh feels so good>.

I sold $85,000 worth of Australian domain names in the first week of November, and have big plans for the NameBid Aftermarket early next year. Big plans that include all your domain name portfolios.

The names I recently sold (and future sales from DBR and NameBid) will appear on DNJournal.com and NameBid.com.au exclusively from this point forward.

It's time for a change. You've all been waiting for it. I've just spent 6 months talking with some good-positive-hearted domainers who've made some great input, who actually care and love our Australian domain name industry, and many who are backing this project, and we're all going to make this happen.

Andrew Rosener, who is one of the greatest domain name sellers in the world right now, said the following this week, and it really hit home:

"Internet trolls are a cancer, like terrorists. By definition they work to instil fear in communities and discussion participants. Folks who actually have something to say refrain out of fear of blowback from trolls. They should be CRUSHED like bugs with zero mercy."

He then said this:

"Anyone who supports, sponsors or participates in any venue that supports or condones internet trolls, you should be embarrassed."

And although he was talking about an American domainer forum, it instantly made me, and a lot of people I talk to on the phone each day, compare these statements to this very Australian domain name forum, and a few regular contributors who carry on like negative pork-chops on here.

Our Australian domain name industry deserves better than this.

All positive domainers who truly care about the future of the Australian domain name industry are now welcome over at NameBid. That's why we've made it. Register now. In our infancy. Because, starting next week, you'll be able to add your own News Articles and Events. Then, in January next year, you'll be able to add your domain name portfolios and actually sell some of them for a change with a new system we have devised that has never been done anywhere in the world, or on any domain name aftermarket! platform! I believe it's going to be revolutionary.

Hoorah!!

I'm in a really good mood because the new auDA Chair looks as though he's going to lead auDA into a very bright future indeed. Chris Leptos looks like the right guy for the job. Well done to the current board for their hard work in their selection process. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

For those of you who wish to join NameBid at this early stage, and attempt to make "the cut" and have your registration approved (it's pretty easy, you just have to be positive, or at least be constructive, professional and adult-like in your criticism, and love our Australian domain name industry, of course!) we'll see you over there.

Over and out from me, I'll be over at NameBid from this moment onwards, and I can't wait to associate with those who choose to join me.

< the few negative people who still actually visit here, who unfortunately won't make "the cut", should now feel free to write their negative comment below >

Tell us more about the " NAMEBID DOMAIN AFTERMARKET. Australia's first ever "proper" domain name aftermarket platform COMING SOON . . ."

1. How much to list domains for sale or commission rate or fees etc?
2. How is your's better than www.Netfleet.com.au or www.DomainMarketplace.com.au?

Well done on your sales so far.

People on this forum, Domainers and .au registrants have a right to voice their concerns about auDA, processes and how auDA decisions affect the .au namespace and peoples investments. When you invest over $1 million on .com.au you may want to speak up more also when you know of issues..

findtim

Top Contributor
please visit my book club, there's some good reading there
https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/...urveyors-of-fine-literature.11610/#post-88709
"how to win friends............"

dnt has been nothing but good for me, i've taken some SH*T and given SH*T but in the end the knowledge i have gained outweighs it all.

namebid sounds like a good idea and a well thought out one, i just wouldn't have told a massive potential client base that you hate them at the launch :eek:

"any publicity is good publicity" i don't think works in these woods,
the few negative people who still actually visit here
i'm here ? so if you don't actually need or want us then why did you post? perhaps because if you had been less NEGATIVE yourself you may have actually caught the fish you targeting !

i'm only saying this because we spoke the other day about namebid and i am literally shocked at your post method,
skip to 1.10min
tim

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Wow you are endorsing lemon over Ned.

Who has taught you more about the domain industry than any other person?

Would namebid actually be a reality without Ned taking you under his wing?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo