What's new

name wise pty ltd

djuqa

Top Contributor
goto Asic.gov.au and do a search
You will have to pay for the shareholder/director details

Newk

Identity of Namewise

There is a very experienced domainer in Germany who runs http://blog.namewise.com
The hotmail addy in the au whois suggests it may be the same person

That is just a smokescreen. The identity of Namewise would have to be the worst kept secret in the industry. Most Registrars know who it is. People are frightened of saying anything publicly because of the fear of retribution.

The person behind Namewise lives in Melbourne, and is associated with a few Registrars. He acquires valuable domain names for the cost of a wholesale registration despite what you seem him supposedly bidding. He now has a massive portfolio. Very unfair i.m.o.

Send an email to Chris Disspain and ask him to have a good look. Would be nice if the domains acquired all became Policy Delete's. ceo@auda.org.au

marketingweb

Top Contributor
I haven't heard of this name wise person being a newbie to this game. Can anyone at least provide me with some background as to why the question or what they are doing, for my own curiousity?

Seven74

Namewise pty ltd

Current Company Extract for NAMEWISE PTY LTD

Extracted from ASIC database on 24/01/2011 at 14:23

This computer-produced extract contains information derived from the ASIC database, either from documents lodged with the ASIC (and processed as at the stated date of the extract), or from records supplied by previous State and/or Territory systems. Please inform the ASIC promptly of any error or omission which you may find, so that we can correct it. The Information Division of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission is certified under the Australian Quality Standard AS 3901 (International Standard ISO 9001).
Corporation Details Document Number

Name: NAMEWISE PTY LTD 024774984
A.C.N.: 134216149
Registered In: VIC
Registration Date: 18/11/2008
Organisation Number Type: A.C.N. (Australian Company Number)
Review Date: 18/11/2011
Details Start Date: 18/11/2008
Name Start Date: 18/11/2008
Type: Australian Proprietary Company
Class: Limited by Shares
Subclass: Proprietary Company
Disclosing Entity: No

Company Addresses Document Number

Address Type: Registered Office 024774984
Address: LANDER & ROGERS LAWYERS
LEVEL 12
600 BOURKE STREET
MELBOURNE , VIC 3000
Start Date: 18/11/2008
Address Type: Principal Place of Business 024774984
Address: LEVEL 2
2-8 QUEEN STREET
MELBOURNE , VIC 3000
Start Date: 18/11/2008

Company Officers Document Number

Role: Director 024774984
Name: RAHIMI, ASHKAAN
Address: SUBBELRATHERSTR 144 COLOGNE 50
Birth Details: 13/02/1981 WASHINGTON DC UNITED STATES
Appointment Date: 18/11/2008
Role: Director 024774984
Name: SCHWARZE, DIESEL ADAM
Address: 12 THISTLETHWAITE STREET
SOUTH MELBOURNE , VIC 3205
Birth Details: 08/03/1978 MELBOURNE VIC
Appointment Date: 18/11/2008

Note: This company has no listed secretary. Appointment of a secretary is optional, however, in the event that no secretary is appointed, the director(s) assume the responsibilities under the Law.

Share Structure Document Number

Share Class: ORD (ORDINARY SHARES) 024774984
Number of Shares Issued: 10
Amount Paid: $ 10.00
Total Unpaid: $ 0.00

Note: For each class of shares issued by a proprietary company, ASIC records the details of the twenty members of the class (based on shareholdings). The details of any other members holding the same number of shares as the twentieth ranked member will also be recorded by ASIC on the database. Where available, historical records show that a member has ceased to be ranked amongst the twenty members. This may, but does not necessarily mean, that they have ceased to be a member of the company.

Shareholders Document Number

Class: ORD 024774984
Number Held: 4
Beneficially Held: Yes
Fully Paid: Yes
Shareholder Name: RAHIMI, ASHKAAN
Address: SUBBELRATHERSTR 144 COLOGNE 50
Joint Holding Indicator: No
Class: ORD 024774984
Number Held: 6
Beneficially Held: No
Fully Paid: Yes
Shareholder Name: SCHWARZE, DIESEL ADAM
Address: 12 THISTLETHWAITE STREET
SOUTH MELBOURNE , VIC 3205
Joint Holding Indicator: No

Charges and Related Documents

There are no recorded charges for this organisation

Note: This extract may not contain all charges for corporations registered prior to 1991 and it may be advisable to also search the State or Territory records held by the A.S.I.C.

Document List
Form Type Pages Received Processed Effective Document Number
201 13 18/11/2008 18/11/2008 18/11/2008 024774984
201C Application For Registration as a Proprietary Company

* * * * End of Report * * * *

ant

From the ASIC record you can see that NAMEWISE is 60% owned by Diesel Schwarze who is a real person who I have met once. It is common enough knowledge that Namewise is probably managed by the same people who currently manage DomainWatch.com.au but the directors of the registrars behind DomainWatch are totally different.

I believe that if even one director is different between the entity that owns the registrar and the entity buying the domains then as far as auDA and ASIC is concerned the entities are different and the registrar is not buying domain names. Which is why Publishing Australia is a separate entity from NetRegistry and why Domain Active is a separate entity from Drop.com.au.

Even if the entities are managed by similar individuals they are legally separate entities and can be managed as such.

This said Domain Active/Drop.com.au has stated that even though it can it will not compete with its own customers on the expired domain market. So it does not place bids on competing drop platforms but will pick up domains that do not receive bids on Drop.com.au.

I think the Netfleet/Publishing Australia position is that it will not compete with its customers on its own snapper platform but reserves the right to place bids on other platforms (though I have not seen them bidding on other platforms recently so this may have changed)

I am speculating from recent behavior and in the absence of an officially stated position that Domain Central/Namewise will actively bid against their own clients.

Technically the link between Namewise and Domain Central is non existent and I think auDA are not interested in any complaints which try to tie them together. Namewise is and should be treated as a separate entity. That said though I am not a fan of their apparent policy to compete against their customers.

asantha

Top Contributor
just did a abn lookup for this "ACN 134216149"

it says

No matching records found

No record found matching ACN: 134216149

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
just did a abn lookup for this "ACN 134216149"

it says

No matching records found

No record found matching ACN: 134216149

abr.business.gov.au will only find ACNs which are ABN based. There are lots of ACNs which are issued by ASIC and are not searchable on abr.business.gov.au.

ASIC (http://www.asic.gov.au) is the definitive record holder for ACN information.

It is also work noting that there are examples of ABNs which are deregistered but the ACN is still active, so it is good to check both sources.

neddy

Top Contributor
So how do you purchase a domain from them and how do you work out a reasonable price ?

Hi Stretch - would you like to do a little intro post please?

There are a couple of members on here that now how to get hold of "Namewise", so I'm sure you will get an answer!

Cheers, Ned (Admin)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members