What's new

My MiniSite Journal

Jonathan

Top Contributor
So lately I've been slacking off on the web development side of things and I now have over 50 domains that are just sitting there. I hate this because:

a) It makes me feel like a squatter
b) The domains aren't making me any money
c) Each undeveloped domain feels like a wasted opportunity
d) A site that is listed in Google and pulling in traffic is far more valuable to an end-user

I've therefore decided to put minisites on at least 75% of my domains by the end of the year. To reach this goal, I'll have to roll out a new site every 1-2 days.

I thought it might be interesting to keep a journal of my progress, and of course I'd really appreciate any tips or comments from you guys.

Expect the first URL later today ;)

neddy

Top Contributor
Good on you Cycloptik! And look at the ungodly hour that you did this post - you must be already hard at it! LOL.

What format are you going to use for your mini-sites? Or are you going to test different formats along the way to see what works best?

What is your first one going to be?

Cheers, Ned

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Thanks Ned, we'll see how it goes. One of the reasons why I'm posting it 'publicly' is so that people will hassle me if I'm falling behind - so if you think I'm slacking off, feel free to give me a (verbal) kick in the ass :)

I'm going to use Wordpress for now because I'm used to it and it seems to do a pretty decent job. I might look into Jumba at a later stage though.

And the first minisite will be on the fascinating topic of Above Ground Swimming Pools!

Last edited:

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Well, progress has been slower than expected, but I thought I'd at least show you guys the beginning of my minisite adventure, Above Ground Swimming Pool.

Would love to hear what you think of the general feel of the site, and of course any comments/criticisms are more than welcome.

soj

Founder
Looking Good cycloptik. 1 nearly down, 49 to go haha. But in the end, it will all be worth it.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Very nice - good quality unique content which is going to be key. I'd suggest you could possibly increase the frequency of your exact KW target search phrase - "Above Ground Swimming Pool" ever so slightly.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member