1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Mummy Bloggers!

Discussion in 'Resources & Success Stories' started by neddy, May 29, 2012.

1. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...my-bloggers-20120528-1ze2i.html#ixzz1wF5184NQ

Well worth a read imho!

2. Ashman

Ashman Membership: Trader

3. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    yeh, chicks RULE, helena is sooooo into so many blogs its amazing and she has started her own one ( i won't promote it here as its in startup mode)

my sister blogs about scrapbooking, my niece blogs about wedding invites and its all huge ...... my sister doesn't care about making money but my niece is fulltime blogging selling about wedding invites.

facebook yeh... BUT your own blog linked to a shop is huge.

www polkadotbride com is an aussie and is probably one of the most successful in the wedding industry

i think i read that per capita aussie women are the highest users of internet in the WORLD

tim

4. James

James Membership: VIP

Yeah I have met with a few of the companies in the story over the past few years some times on numerous cases, thing is some of these blogs do charge too much and they originally start blogging for love then it turns into blogging for profit.

5. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    blogging for profit isn't a bad thing as long as the quality of content continues

tim

6. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

But "blogging for profit" is getting harder to do... lot's of competition these days. You need to LOVE the topic, because second rate content is getting a lot harder to market and rank over time.

7. James

James Membership: VIP

Very true, I remember 5 years ago I could slap together a script and website, do some SEO and some average content and sit back and watch the $$$ come in.

Today you have to work 10x harder to make $$$.

8. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Think this a very tough area to make money in. The article is very light on in actual earnings apart from someone in America making $1million per year. If that is the top then you can be sure 99% are nickel and diming.

9. seolyka2

seolyka2 Membership: Community

Yes, I agree. You really need to love your topic (write from the heart). You have to spend much time in researching and writing to come up with a well-written and excellent blog post and stand out from other bloggers.

10. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    we started a wedding blog @ 5yrs ago, the goal was to interview services in the industry and in return give them a link to their website, well its been like dragging a horse to water and forcing them to drink !

we thought we'd have people knocking on our door to get the link, but that never happened so it never got off the ground.

maybe we'll give it another go as one of the good things about blogs is the unique content and google is hell bent on that right now.

tim