What's new

multilingual sites

helloworld

Top Contributor
I have some clients that would like to attract users who read Chinese Traditional and Simplified. I have found someone who can translate the content. Just wondering how I should set this up? I was thinking of cloning the website and adding to subdomains and adding tabs at the top of the page for the different language pages. Or instead of sub domains, would /path be better?

Thoughts?

findtim

Top Contributor
for a search engine point of view? or a function point of view
in my experience for SEO subdomains were the go @ 2007 - 2012 and it all died for me , then i switched to /folder which worked very well, this has now since died as well.

from a function point of view where you have a chinese FLAG to click on, i'd go down the folder path as i think it may still be valid
you might want to look into chinese charactor domain names, pushing them to something like that could be advantageous ?
tim

James

Top Contributor
The question is do you want the site attracting Chinese visitors in china?
Or Chinese visitors in Australia?
How do Chinese visitors in Australia search?
- You need to ask yourself these questions.
With this niche it is not as simple as translating a website if you want to have Chinese visitors coming to the site, you need a local writer, you need a .cn domain and you need a site hosted in china.
Also does the client have in house Chinese staff to deal with leads? This is a mistake many businesses make my friend owns an agency that deals only with Chinese Marketing.

helloworld

Top Contributor
The question is do you want the site attracting Chinese visitors in china?
Or Chinese visitors in Australia?
How do Chinese visitors in Australia search?
- You need to ask yourself these questions.
With this niche it is not as simple as translating a website if you want to have Chinese visitors coming to the site, you need a local writer, you need a .cn domain and you need a site hosted in china.
Also does the client have in house Chinese staff to deal with leads? This is a mistake many businesses make my friend owns an agency that deals only with Chinese Marketing.
2 sites in question.
1 wants parents to become part of the process, as they have the money and from experience they are located in Hong Kong/China. So the marketing is local, the search strategy is not os based.

Second site, is also local but has a lot of *asian clients. Already has staff that speak the language.

James

Top Contributor
2 sites in question.
1 wants parents to become part of the process, as they have the money and from experience they are located in Hong Kong/China. So the marketing is local, the search strategy is not os based.

Second site, is also local but has a lot of *asian clients. Already has staff that speak the language.
Yeah sounds like you are on the right direction, wechat/weibo brand pages also can be a good strategy for local customers as well something to think about.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member