1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

moving my names out and why

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by DomainNames, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Cheyne

Cheyne Membership: Community

Thank you Tim. :)

DomainNames likes this.
  2. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Cheyne, Is anyone from your companies friends using the username "iamthehighway" on whirlpool?

Is it you?.. you can tell us.... :)

3. DomainNames

I would agree with that plus add Drop.com.au

4. Cheyne

I can give you an iron-clad guarantee that it is not me nor anybody from my company (unless they are doing it without my knowledge, which I highly doubt they are).

According to the public profile, that person has been on the Whirlpool forums since Wednesday, 9 October 2013 and has made 79 posts, so it's not a random ghost account.

snoopy and DomainNames like this.
  5. DomainNames

Okies thanks Cheyne for that assurance.

Let's see what we can all collectively dig up on their true identity.... and whose causes they may be supporting under their postings.

They seem to be posting things like anti monetisation, anti domainers, pro direct extensions, against Demand class members having proper representation on the auDA board, anti drop auctions, limit on how many names a company or individual can own. etc.

6. Cheyne

I refer to the auDA Registrar Agreement v4 which says:

14.2 Negative covenants
    The Registrar must not:
    14.2.3 be involved in any activity, or permit a Related Entity of the Registrar to be involved in any activity, which involves the acquisition or accumulation of Domain Names which are not connected to the provision of Registrar Services under this document, unless such activity is permitted under a Published Policy;
    Please name the registrar(s) which you know for a fact have monetised .au domain names for themselves.

7. DomainNames

Maybe they will come on here and disclose it.....One had a very valuable 1 word generic name until recently....

Would it shock you to learn numerous auDA ex directors/ current directors on both supply and demand owned domain names and monetised them.... or had sold them for profit?