What's new

Moving domains between registrars

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Hi All,

I'm not a complete newbie, but this is a total newbie question that I was hoping someone could help with. Basically what is involved in moving a name between registrars when it's owned by third party.

I have two particular client domains (ie I didn't register) that for various reasons I need to change registrar with. There is no change of ownership/registrant of the domains - the businesses who currently own them will still own them - but I need to move them from one registrar to another.

I currently use ziphosting for most of my domains, so easiest for me to move them both there - although since they aren't full service in a sense i'm not sure if that will make it hard.

One domain is currently registered through a business solutions division of Telstra, the other through Netlogistics. I obviously have permission from both clients to move the domains, but completely in the dark as to what I need to do to make the moves - ie what formal authorisation do I need from the clients, who do I give this to etc.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads