What's new

moving a facebook page from old owner account

findtim

Top Contributor
hi
a client of mine has just book a bricks and mortar that has a good following, we've been named administrators and the previous owner has deleted himself but that doesn't seem good enough for me.

am i right in assuming if the old owner trashed his main account the businesses facebook page could go down as well?

is there a way to transition a facebook page across? simple or bloody difficult ( thats what i read)
should we just cut the cord, post on the current "we are moving" and just start again, we aren't talking thousands of likes and followers, just a few hundred.
i say bite the bullet and start again?
thoughts or a link to a tutorial.
thanks in advance as i don't DO social media but want to advise them.

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
If the old owner has deleted himself you'll be fine. The connection is gone and it doesn't matter what he does with his personal account. I've done it a few times, both as the new owner and old owner.

When you go to Settings > Page Roles, can you only see the new owner listed under "Existing Page Roles"? If so, all is good. Don't start from scratch. :)

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks shane, helena handles all my social media work so i'll send that advice to her.

appreciate it.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads