1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

moving a facebook page from old owner account

Discussion in 'Social Media & Networking' started by findtim, Aug 22, 2017.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    hi
    a client of mine has just book a bricks and mortar that has a good following, we've been named administrators and the previous owner has deleted himself but that doesn't seem good enough for me.

am i right in assuming if the old owner trashed his main account the businesses facebook page could go down as well?

is there a way to transition a facebook page across? simple or bloody difficult ( thats what i read)
    should we just cut the cord, post on the current "we are moving" and just start again, we aren't talking thousands of likes and followers, just a few hundred.
    i say bite the bullet and start again?
    thoughts or a link to a tutorial.
    thanks in advance as i don't DO social media but want to advise them.

tim

Horshack likes this.
  2. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    If the old owner has deleted himself you'll be fine. The connection is gone and it doesn't matter what he does with his personal account. I've done it a few times, both as the new owner and old owner.

When you go to Settings > Page Roles, can you only see the new owner listed under "Existing Page Roles"? If so, all is good. Don't start from scratch. :)

Ash, Horshack and eBranding.com.au like this.
  3. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    thanks shane, helena handles all my social media work so i'll send that advice to her.

appreciate it.

tim