What's new

Mothers day

findtim

Top Contributor
don't forget this sunday !

this year the kids and i have decided to have it on saturday, WHY ?

well on sunday we wake up , do the pressie and then hop in the car and drive to granmas and basically it all gets forgotten.
so by doing it on saturday, helena will have NO clue so it will be a surprise, we get to cook her a nice brekky in bed and then take her out for the day , maybe a picnic? and come home, family dinner and a movie of her choice.
she gets the full day, then sunday is just whatever as normal.

just thought i'd share the idea
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
well saturday was a great day, you should really try it, it totally surprised helena, the kids jumped into bed and they all watched a movie " back to the future ONE"

whilst i made "breakfast entree's" , tiny crisp bread toast with avocado and smoked salmon.
with a nice coffee from our nespresso ( if you don't have one GET one)
followed by my world famous omelettes, pretty plain for the kids " cheese and ham" but helena's was bacon, parmesan, tasty cheese, sundried toms, red oinion, continental parsley and salt /pepper and just a little gooey on the inside , flipped into a half circle.

followed by 2 tim tams ;)

then pressies from the kids and me, i like the kids to make pressies and cards but this year we also did a "theme" present giving, we thought about what helena wanted and then bought pressies that ALL suited that.

:eek: but YEP: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-180w-multipad-sander_p6210548
she LOVEDDDDDDDDDDD it. she's into restoring furniture.

then we didn't have lunch as everyone was full so we had afternoon munchies, basically cheese platter food, dips, hams, salmon, salad etcccc.

and a kids movie to finish the day , BFG:
by roald dahl

then on sunday, the usual happened, we get up , and trundle to granmas, family etccc, bla bla and then home. its not that bad but helena doesn't GET a mothers day,................ this year she did.

tim

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I think I just suffered a type of Mandala effect - saw the DNTrade logo and asked my wife "when is easter this year" LOL

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo