What's new

More help please (again)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Boy on boy , i am seem to be able to find trouble it seems !

The other week i tried to add a plugin to a wordpress site and although i had added this plugin to other sites before, for some reason it said i need firefox to use this plugin, i really dont know much about firefox and because of that i was reluctant to install it but i did , the other day someone said hello via msn messager and when i tried to reply i was taken to firefox browser ???? because it was a group discussion i think

Long story short every now and then some sites seem to just open up in firefox although i am in explorer and i can tell my computer is not liking it because its running slower when this is happening

So today i have turned on my computer and it ran like a three legged dog with arthritis, in the end i just turned it off and went for a walk

I did some writing when i came home and decided to add what i had written to one of my sites , now i cant open any of my sites ??

Instead a dialog box appears with the heading SECURITY WARNING at first i thought it may be the virus that was mentioned here the other day regarding wordpress sites , but i tried another site that was not wordpress so its not the problem ? i also tried another site that is hosted by my hosting company
again that one is ok as well.

I thought it was only sites that i opened this morning but i have tried a few others and they are not working either , it could be something simple like restore default settings ? for windows, its never happened before and i am up the creek

Again i will say what i get when i try to open some of my sites in a dialog box

FILEDOWNLOAD WARNING

Do you want to save this file or find a program online to open it

name vegetarian_net_au
Type unknown file type
from vegetarian.net.au

There was to option to find or save , i clicked on finad and got this reply
Windows has the following information about this MIME type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

MIME Type: application/x-httpd-php

Description: UnKnown
Windows does not recognize this MIME type.

So i am getting this instead of my website opening up and i have never had this problem before and i got no idea how to fix or restore it

I have the feeling firefox has something to do woth all this , this morning when using my computer it was running really slow and i thought it was receiving a windows update ? now i have this problem but the sites wont open up in firefox either

Any help would be much appreciated because i am stumped , i did delete my history this morning because i thought that may be causing problem , i knew something was going on but didn't consider this to happen

Cheers ........help :eek:

Last edited:

Jonathan

Top Contributor
I dunno, but for what it's worth, I'm getting that same error on vegetarian.net.au. I'd delete or disable all your plugins and then see if it works again.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i cant get to it to disable , i think problem is with registry ? if its the same on your pc

thanks at least i have part answer , cheers, next step is email to hosting company ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
crisis over ....the hosting company were doing maintainence and i never received any emails telling me about it ........yippeeeee back to normal

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member