What's new

More Google update - Penguin 2

James

Top Contributor
Any one who has been doing things in an ethical way or big brands will probably be spared.

SMB's will probably be hit hard once more (I don't think its fair but that is how Google seems to operate)

Jim Stewart has been putting out some funny videos recently that is for sure.

Shane

Top Contributor
All but one of my sites survived (and prospered) with the last update, so fingers crossed I've done enough to keep Google happy this time...

findtim

Top Contributor
James why would SMB's be hit? ALL of my clients got through penguin and panda without a hiccup.

tim

James

Top Contributor
James why would SMB's be hit? ALL of my clients got through penguin and panda without a hiccup.

tim

Not all SMB's that is for sure, but most of these small SEO companies who operate target SMB's they are usually the ones who run the link networks, so when these updates are rolled out the people who are usually hit are the small business owners who are not savvy to what these Dodgy SEO companies are doing.

pacifier

I think that we should always aim for business model which is not entirely dependent on Google. There are plenty more opportunities out there to survive even if you don't get the love from big G

James

Top Contributor
I think that we should always aim for business model which is not entirely dependent on Google. There are plenty more opportunities out there to survive even if you don't get the love from big G

Yes very true the annoying thing is Australian market been how it is with Google having such a dominate share, not many work towards a "Bing Strategy" which is something very common in search strategy in the US/EU.

That been said I always go with the methodology to build traffic from other sources such as social and offline for example ;)

findtim

Top Contributor

yes, i try to educate my clients into creating their brand so they get type in traffic not search traffic, this way they are taking the high ground and not risking every thing on google.

I ACTUALLY saw on a van the other day something like "search berwick plumbers on google", sign written on the van !!!!!! how F'n stupid

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member