What's new

Misspelt Domains - Any Good?

Snooks

Top Contributor
Ages ago i was thinking of a domain name, saw it was available and registered it. The name is homesecuritysytem.com

I couldnt believe it, i grabbed this great name. But then.....damn, there is an s missing between the "y" and the "t", i had misspelt it:(

So is there any use attempting to target Adsense with such a name? I mean, it will still rank on home security which has HUGE volume, probably even pickup a few misspellings, but i just wondered on the general marketability of a misspelt name.

Any info would be appreciated.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Not worthwhile registering this type of name unless it has type in traffic (ie typically common misspells of very popular one/two word terms).

Snooks

Top Contributor
Not worthwhile registering this type of name unless it has type in traffic (ie typically common misspells of very popular one/two word terms).

That is what i would have thought. Sadly i didnt realise until i registered the name (LOL) and i guess im looking at not wasting the few bucks it cost. Then again, its better than wasting time devloping a site on a bad name.

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
Seeing as google notices typos and informs the users, misspelt search results won't help you though type in traffic will work.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Then again, its better than wasting time devloping a site on a bad name.

I think so, just write it off as a learning experience, (run the term/domain through google before you hit the register button).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo