What's new

MiniSite CTR

Chris.C

Top Contributor
MiniSite Monetisation

Minisite Monetisation

So obviously the "in" thing when it comes to "parking" these days is "developing".

:rolleyes:

So when you develop your domains into minisites utilising AdSense what sort of CTR, eCPM, etc are you roughly getting?

And do you have any successful methods or strategies for squeezing out those extra pennies?

On the flip side do you have any strategies that have helped you lower costs to increase ROI?

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
I've never parked sites for revenue so I can't really compare the two but anyway... Some do really well, others don't earn a dime. Hit and miss unless you want to spend a lot of time manually building links.

1) Target long tail keywords with your content; an optimised page (title tags etc etc) can often slip right onto the front page or better by this alone.

2) Toss up a few quick, simple links from COA, Hotfrog etc.

Parked or mini site, if the volume isn't there, neither are going to earn much.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Think he is talking about the CTR of the adsense and not the SERP.

Typically 10-15% CTR for me using monthly averages, some sites have gotten up to 35% at times. Haven't found the time to perfect or refine the ultimate layout.. but I have been experimenting with an alternate layout a little and RHS ad blocks are working the best

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I've never parked sites for revenue
What's the point of parking if not for monetisation.

2) Toss up a few quick, simple links from COA, Hotfrog etc.
I'd love to know what other sites you include in the "etc" part of you list because I'm always looking for simple links.

Think he is talking about the CTR of the adsense and not the SERP.
Yeah I messed up the title (which I don't think you can edit once you post it). Originally I was just going to talk about what AdSense CTR people are getting on their minisites. Then I started thinking well CTR isn't the be all end all, eCPM is probably more important IMHO.

Ultimately I guess I wanted the thread to be about "Minisite Monetisation" - I have editted the original thread to make that more clear given the thread title is terrible.

Typically 10-15% CTR for me using monthly averages, some sites have gotten up to 35% at times.
Wow if you are averaging up to 15% I'd say that's pretty damn good. I'm normally getting in the 7% - 10% range, and I normally get an eCPM around $25.

Haven't found the time to perfect or refine the ultimate layout.. but I have been experimenting with an alternate layout a little and RHS ad blocks are working the best
I don't suppose you would be willing to show any examples. A layout that produces 10% - 15% CTR is definitely a layout worth studying.

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
What's the point of parking if not for monetisation.

What I meant to say was that I don't park my domains (not that I have a lot either). It's just not something I'm familiar with. Didn't mean to infer there were other reasons for parking. I know nothing about making money from parking in other words. Nothing I own would be worth parking in my uneducated view anyway.

I'd love to know what other sites you include in the "etc" part of you list because I'm always looking for simple links.

Just the truelocals of the world, simple stuff like that.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I don't suppose you would be willing to show any examples. A layout that produces 10% - 15% CTR is definitely a layout worth studying.

Reluctant to show live example, as my best performers are all in the same niche where competition is relatively low and CPC is high..

One thing I will share though, which may be obvious to some:

less pages = higher CTR.

djuqa

Top Contributor
http://cheap-attorney.com CTR > 30%

As a MAJOR developer of Minisites, I have several strategies for Maximising income.
Main and best one is to develop for USERS, not Search engines.

While "Domainers" discuss the merits of gTLDs vs ccTLDs.
While "SEO Experts" ponder the advantages of SEO techniques.
While "Forum PUNDITS" analyse the secret steps needed to monetise.
I am gathering clicks from REAL visitors, not SearchBOT visits.

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
http://cheap-attorney.com CTR > 30%

As a MAJOR developer of Minisites, I have several strategies for Maximising income.

While "Domainers" discuss the merits of gTLDs vs ccTLDs.
While "SEO Experts" ponder the advantages of SEO techniques.
While "Forum PUNDITS" analyse the secret steps needed to monetise.

did you pay for the articles ?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
What elements/characteristics make it perform so well?

I have several strategies for Maximising income.
What do you think the key ingredients to those strategies?

What do you mean by this?

What is a "real" visitor? and how do you gather more of them?

djuqa

Top Contributor
Relevance to Users, not Automated SearchBOTS.

What do you think are the key ingredients to those strategies?
Who Knows? Maybe that is what I charge my clients for! DJUQA Pty Ltd. is a business, not some hobby/part-time activity.
Not focusing all my time and energy on SEO
A real Human that does click ads , not some automated Search Engine BOT.

did you pay for the articles ?

If you like to read the Article citation at end of each article, you would have seen they were reprinted from article submission sites.
FULL permission is granted to reprint on any website as long as the article is used intact.
The Authors often PAY to have the articles distributed as they contain links to their own sites.
I do not charge for submission to my own article directory.

I have up to NOW, freely given of my time and knowledge via forums, PM's, email, phone calls.
However as a Mainstream developer of minisites, I have found the very same people that often quiz and question my techniques and methods of development are the same people that now attempt to copy my minisites. Therefore all future enquiries regarding my minisite development techniques will be charged for at commercial rates.

Last edited:

James

Top Contributor
If you have 30% CTR how many "unique" Visitors do you have to this specific website on estimate.

Sure I can see rates for 15-20% CTR for websites yet the site may have 20 unique visitors a day, also bounce rate would be crazy high.

I have never seen those types of CTR for website I own which have around 1000-5000+ unique visitors a day (US visitors) lucky to see around 5%.

Last edited:

djuqa

Top Contributor
Better to have 50 visitors that click than 1500 that don't.

That is one metric often overlooked. The quality of visitors.
I have sites that get 5 visitors are day, but have 50% ctr for HIGH click amount. Conversely sites that have 100's visitors often have poor conversion rate. Now if I can only get 1500 visitors with 50% CTR;)

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
I'd say that's more related to the niche than quality of visitor or traffic volume. Some poeple just aren't interested in buying or clicking and are just seeking information.

There is also the issue of how many advertisers there are and the quality of their adcopy; I hate seeing rubbish, spammy looking adwords that no-one is going to click! If you're going to spend money on adwords, why not make your advertisement appealing?

Anyway..

I think it's better to have more traffic because you can continue to optimise it until you hit that sweet spot. Even if you doubled your CTR from 1% to 2%, that would mean so much more on a site with 1500 visitors instead of 50. You'll always be limited by that low volume no matter what you do.

djuqa

Top Contributor
You hit the nail right on the head!

No matter how good the SEO, SERP, and Content if the ads are not enticing or the visitors are not the type that click ads.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Relevance to Users, not Automated SearchBOTS.

What do you think are the key ingredients to those strategies?
Who Knows? Maybe that is what I charge my clients for! DJUQA Pty Ltd. is a business, not some hobby/part-time activity.
Not focusing all my time and energy on SEO
A real Human that does click ads , not some automated Search Engine BOT.

If you like to read the Article citation at end of each article, you would have seen they were reprinted from article submission sites.
FULL permission is granted to reprint on any website as long as the article is used intact.
The Authors often PAY to have the articles distributed as they contain links to their own sites.
I do not charge for submission to my own article directory.

I have up to NOW, freely given of my time and knowledge via forums, PM's, email, phone calls.
However as a Mainstream developer of minisites, I have found the very same people that often quiz and question my techniques and methods of development are the same people that now attempt to copy my minisites. Therefore all future enquiries regarding my minisite development techniques will be charged for at commercial rates.

not sure i agree with authors paying for publishing , i have written a few articles that ezinepublising.com have accepted and the deal is content for the link , seems fair to all concerned , i was mostly wondering if it was original to help your site in the search engines

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I have never seen those types of CTR for website I own which have around 1000-5000+ unique visitors a day (US visitors) lucky to see around 5%.

Is this a minisite?

I\
Sure I can see rates for 15-20% CTR for websites yet the site may have 20 unique visitors a day, also bounce rate would be crazy high.

I have some sites like this, they earn about $3-4 a day for the past 8 months. They only take 1 hour to put together, and that long term ROI is hard to beat.

No doubt they have the potential to get 1000s of uniques if properly developed, which would likely lower the CTR.. but we are talking about minisites here

James

Top Contributor
Is this a minisite?

I have some sites like this, they earn about $3-4 a day for the past 8 months. They only take 1 hour to put together, and that long term ROI is hard to beat.

No doubt they have the potential to get 1000s of uniques if properly developed, which would likely lower the CTR.. but we are talking about minisites here

I have a 20 pages site which gets around those figures but 20 pages is that really mini,

I mean I have some 5 page sites which I was comparing these stats off but the bigger sites yeah the smaller hits, but yeah more and more traffic seems you need more pages to target diverse keywords/long tails ectect

I do agree with Duaja that his law website is actually pretty neat I can see why CTR is crazy good because people think it is a menu to the right top.

but yeah I agree their is nothing better then putting something together in 2 hours, forgetting about it then boom you check its making 6 bucks a day on average =) Good feeling even better is when you cash in and sell up..

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
but yeah I agree their is nothing better then putting something together in 2 hours, forgetting about it then boom you check its making 6 bucks a day on average =) Good feeling even better is when you cash in and sell up..
Well I guess this is the ultimate monetisation of minisites - selling em.

Has anyone had good success with sell Aussie based minisites to retail users?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member