What's new

Mike Mann speaks!

neddy

Top Contributor
Andrew Allemann has published an interesting post containing the views of Mike Mann on the new TLD's.

Here’s what Mike Mann thinks about new TLDs

DomainMarket.com will not apply for any new TLDs because buying those new assets is too risky, given practically unlimited decent possibilities for .com investing still. Why would someone take additional risks before they have exhausted the obvious low hanging fruit in premium .com domain values? Not to mention the related ability to consistently, competitively improve their google rankings and site conversions? And eliminate branding confusion; ride the coming flight to .com quality tide?

What do you think?

James

Top Contributor
I agree .anything domains are risky, sure some brands will love them but imo I would rather put my money into something else which will have proven ROI.

DavidL

Top Contributor
So many people say that these new TLDs will increase the value of .com's

However it's absolute garbage! No one has been able to explain the mechanics of how this will actually happen - how increased supply with constant demand will actually increase values.

Yet again another .com US-centric viewpoint, I'm afraid from someone who doesn't realise that .com domains are actually a minority and an every decreasing % of the entire domain industry.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo