What's new

.Melbourne

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Got my email for a .melbourne domain name today, general availability on the 12th
~
Just sharing the joy
~
Interesting to note that the typo of domainshield.com.au being domainsheild.com.au takes you to another domain based company or is it the same company ? .... wondering

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Interesting to note that the typo of domainshield.com.au being domainsheild.com.au takes you to another domain based company or is it the same company ? .... wondering

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It is definitely not the same company.

The people running the other company where not aware of the typo's redirecting the traffic towards them. As we all know the registrant is an employee of the company but senior management where not aware of this registration.

The domains are now in a "Client requested delete" state and are in the drop list to be purged on Monday http://ausregistry.com.au/tools/official-domain-name-drop

Sorry for hijacking your thread Spacey as this has nothing to do with .Melbourne

Anthony

neddy

Top Contributor
Yes, did seem worth mentioning, cheers

That was excellent spotting Spacey - I didn't see this post originally. Well done mate.

Just as an aside, I wonder who is the registrant of domainsheild.com? It's under privacy.

DomainShield

Top Contributor
That was excellent spotting Spacey - I didn't see this post originally. Well done mate.

Just as an aside, I wonder who is the registrant of domainsheild.com? It's under privacy.

For .com you easily find the domains (as they publish their zone file) but you cannot find the registrant as they allow privacy protection. For .au we have the opposite problem it is trivial to located the registrant but you have to find the domains first.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo