findtim

Top Contributor
just thought i'd put that out there !

Maybe the last thursday in November?

any takers?

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
Sounds like a good excuse for a trip to Melbourne.

Put me down as a tentative yes.

findtim

Top Contributor
i have the weather forecast:

heavy rain easing to cloud, sunshine @ 1pm with a late afternoon hail storm, winds @ 15-50knots with temps ranging from 3 - 39 degrees depending on which suburb you are in.

tim

Snooks

Top Contributor
i have the weather forecast:

heavy rain easing to cloud, sunshine @ 1pm with a late afternoon hail storm, winds @ 15-50knots with temps ranging from 3 - 39 degrees depending on which suburb you are in.

So basically its Melbournes normal sort of weather:)

findtim

Top Contributor
Just another note on this potential party, i've been to all three meetups and its been great to have sponsors but I and i am sure many others don't want to disrespect thier generosity so far. So bring your wallet.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
BUMP: come on ! lets get some chat going on this, also how about bris and syd create one as well ?

i'm going to call it right now, melbourne dnt xmas party, http://www.europeanbiercafe.com.au/

last thursday of november, 5pm onwards, i may be alone but it will be fun for me as they have mirrors to talk to , LOL.

still open to flexibility of date and times otherwise i will be there and for those who have met me you will know i will have fun, merry xmas.

tim

Honan

Top Contributor
Tim
Consider another venue, please
Perhaps ask for suggestions from people familiar with the city

Honan

Top Contributor
We have had 2 or 3 functions at

http://www.thebullandbear.com.au/index-1.html piano bar in FlinderLane

It is a working class pub, and I got such a thrill when the bat attendant told Erhan that "No , we don't stock mineral water."
David Lye flew down from Sydney for a function there and it just re-inforced his Sydneysider opinion that Melbourne sucks.
So I vote to have xmas function at the bull and bear
What date and time?

findtim

Top Contributor
its got beer so i'm fine with it, i called the last thursday in november because i think the AUDA meets then? ned to confirm, so i thought that date was a win win, as for time it would be 5pm onwards but for those who can get there earlier i will be.

thanks for pushing this along Honan

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
i called the last thursday in november because i think the AUDA meets then? ned to confirm,

Don't worry about that date - auDA Panel will be long finished. So choose any date you want; and any location.

I'm not sure if I'll be there though, but I'll try.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor

It is a working class pub, and I got such a thrill when the bat attendant told Erhan that "No , we don't stock mineral water."
David Lye flew down from Sydney for a function there and it just re-inforced his Sydneysider opinion that Melbourne sucks.
So I vote to have xmas function at the bull and bear
What date and time?

What's mineral water, is that like light beer or something?

The bull and bear was fine in view

findtim

Top Contributor

i dropped into the bull yesterday, brian says hello honan, looks good and very flexible on the number of people coming, i had him pencil us in for thursday 29/11/12, he just asked that we firm the date as soon as possible because it is xmas ! , but said thursday is cool but a friday or saturday would not be possible.

so we need to get some idea of who can come.

tim

great idea for a function but bull and bear isn't the best venue :)

Yes as Honan recounts they weren't able to help me, I think they only serve VB and Carlton....

Melbourne has heaps of cool bars and places to go

great idea for a function but bull and bear isn't the best venue :)

Yes as Honan recounts they weren't able to help me, I think they only serve VB and Carlton....

Melbourne has heaps of cool bars and places to go

findtim

Top Contributor
ok, well "time is on our side" so lets start bringing in some suggestions for bars?

chris and i were at madam brussels last night and although it was a good night "I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK" , sorry but $9 for a 330ml bullshit beer is just not me, i just can't see value.... od help us if we asked them to cater !!!, the staff were crap, ( sorry chris should have mentioned this today but my iphone hassles took me off track ) if i'm going to pay good money then i want GREAT service.

i'm not a yuppie i'm a "bloke".

although i live in melbourne (burbs) i'm not familiar with going out so can someone STEP UP and create some suggestions please.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members