What's new

.Melbourne Domain Names

DomainShield

Top Contributor
As a .Melbourne Accredited Registrar, Domain Shield is now offering .Melbourne domains which opened for general release today.

There are some great domains which are still available for hand reg.

Call us today on 1300 725 021

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Hi Spacey, it is a premium name space so we are taking telephone and email enquiries. Just drop us a line and we can give you all the info you need over the phone

most registrars only offer .melbourne over the phone like Netregistry, Instra and Melbourne IT.

I bought one and had to call through, but it is actually nice to have someone do the work for you

findtim

Top Contributor
still have issues with registrations of certain names, melbourneit says available, crazydomains says "premium" so apply, and ventraip says unavailable.

thankfully i do not intend to purchase but if i was its bloody confusing and many people are going to be p^ssed off by thinking they have registered a domain but actually haven't.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
most registrars only offer .melbourne over the phone like Netregistry, Instra and Melbourne IT.

I bought one and had to call through, but it is actually nice to have someone do the work for you

I wonder if this was the Lord Mayors idea?

His Assistant: Sir, how are we going to sell these domain names, we just spent $3million on the extension.

Lord Mayor: People can bloody well ring up and buy them, that is how things normally work. I'm not going to spend money leasing a shop to sell them.

His Assistant: Good idea sir. Another glass of Bollinger?

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I wonder if this was the Lord Mayors idea?

His Assistant: Sir, how are we going to sell these domain names, we just spent $3million on the extension.

Lord Mayor: People can bloody well ring up and buy them, that is how things normally work. I'm not going to spend money leasing a shop to sell them.

His Assistant: Good idea sir. Another glass of Bollinger?

This should be in the Friday funnies thread :D

neddy

Top Contributor
Premium domains are not offered via Synergy so VentraIP will be showing as unavailable since we don't support them currently. :)

I'm now confused Mick. As I said, not that I'm interested in a .melbourne domain, but when I went onto VentraIP this morning, the system allowed me to "order" a particular domain. (I only went as far as "basket").

Are some domains available and others not? :confused:

Mick

Top Contributor
Are some domains available and others not? :confused:

Some domains are classed as premium so those domains are not offered by Synergy simple because the pricing is different for those premium domains on a domain by domain basis.

As an example the domain "election.melbourne" is classed as premium by the registry and costs more than the standard register price so for any Synergy reseller this domain will be returned to our API as 'unavailable'. There is a fair amount of work required to offer dynamic pricing where premium domains are involved as they're not all the same price, something our wholesale system isn't built for at this time.

You also have domains which are reserved by the registry like "docklands.melbourne" which will also show as 'unavailable' for every registrar of .melbourne since they're reserved.

neddy

Top Contributor
Some domains are classed as premium so those domains are not offered by Synergy simple because the pricing is different for those premium domains on a domain by domain basis.

As an example the domain "election.melbourne" is classed as premium by the registry and costs more than the standard register price so for any Synergy reseller this domain will be returned to our API as 'unavailable'. There is a fair amount of work required to offer dynamic pricing where premium domains are involved as they're not all the same price, something our wholesale system isn't built for at this time.

You also have domains which are reserved by the registry like "docklands.melbourne" which will also show as 'unavailable' for every registrar of .melbourne since they're reserved.

O.M.G! :rolleyes: :confused:

One man's premium is another man's ............

So I was on the VentraIP site - is that the same as Synergy? And if the domain comes up as "available" on VentraIP, does that mean it can be registered online? Or does there need to be a phone call made or ticket lodged?

Mick

Top Contributor
So I was on the VentraIP site - is that the same as Synergy? And if the domain comes up as "available" on VentraIP, does that mean it can be registered online? Or does there need to be a phone call made or ticket lodged?

The VentraIP check uses the Synergy API which goes directly to the registry and checks, any unavailable domain with VentraIP may not necessarily be unavailable with another registrar due to the premium issue I explained previously

However if it shows as available, then its available online no ticket or phone call needed just fill in the order form. :)

Keep in mind this is the case with all the new TLDs, they have premium domains as well so isn't just a .melbourne issue.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member