What's new

Melbourne domain kingpin hit with cyber death threats

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
Isn't that a guy from these forums, or somehow his blog came up here in the past. Because I was subscribed to one of his blogs and saw a post about this

snoopy

Top Contributor
Victoria Police refered the case to the Attorney-General's Department and the Secret Service after insisting that Gilmour take the threats seriously.

These guys would be based in Russia or China, there is nothing serious about threats like that.

neddy

Top Contributor
Them commenters are pretty ignorant (as per usual).

Had to laugh at first comment - in particular last line:

"You reap what you sew". I didn't know Michael G. was into needlework? :)

These guys would be based in Russia or China, there is nothing serious about threats like that.

That may well be the case, but if you were his wife and the mother of his children, I think it would still be very frightening.

It's just like terrorism - while the actual acts don't happen very often, it's the threats that can be so destabilising.

snoopy

Top Contributor
That may well be the case, but if you were his wife and the mother of his children, I think it would still be very frightening.

It's just like terrorism - while the actual acts don't happen very often, it's the threats that can be so destabilising.

I'd imagine so. Had similar type of situation before when running a domain forum and publicising information about the domain appraisal scam (actually it wouldn't surprise me much if it were the same guy again here) but these people are in poor countries on the other side of the world. There is nothing genuine about it, they have no means to do anything other than a ddos attack and sending some threats. They hope for a big reaction that you'll take content down if they can scare you enough.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo