What's new

Mark stuck in middle east

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Spare a thought for Mark who left Sydney Thurs am to fly to the UK. His connecting flight was cancelled due to the volcano so he's been stuck in Abu Dhabi ever since and could be for some time.

His internet access is limited so please bear with us if there are any issues with Netfleet services over the next few days...

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Also...

The Governor-General, Quentin Bryce, is stranded in Dubai, forced to cancel her plans to attend the funeral of Poland's President, after more than 25,000 flights were grounded in what has been billed as the single biggest aviation incident since World War II.

''September 11 was nothing compared to this [when] all flights were grounded in the US for three days,'' an aviation expert, Geoff Thomas, said. ''If it clears by the end of the week I would say mid-May would be the earliest you would see things return to normal.''

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
ouch...tell Mark to be patient...

Eyjafjallajokull is not one of the biggest or most volatile of Iceland's 22 active volcanoes. Hidden from our view by the volcanic debris lies an even greater threat, the larger crater of nearby Katla. Eyjafjallajokull has erupted only three times since the Vikings settled the island in the ninth century, most recently when it blew intermittently for 14 months in the early 1820s.

Each time it has been followed within months or a year by a big eruption at Katla. That volcano has also blown another 20 or so times in its own right, on average once every 60 to 80 years. Another is long overdue.

14 months...:eek:

Mark

Top Contributor
Thanks for the thoughts italiandragon!

Believe me, any and every type of chinese whispers is going on here...I'm lucky in a way, people here are trying to get to weddings/funerals and all sorts...

If time to kill (looking likely), I may as well pop in to the UAE registry as its designed by Ausregistry!

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Thanks for the thoughts italiandragon!

Believe me, any and every type of chinese whispers is going on here...I'm lucky in a way, people here are trying to get to weddings/funerals and all sorts...

If time to kill (looking likely), I may as well pop in to the UAE registry as its designed by Ausregistry!

Hi Mark, I can imagine by reading the news.

Is not the registry in Dubai?

If you need to stay another week, I'd really think you could see Ferrari World which I'd love to see.

Take care...and let's hope that chimney stops smoking a bit! :)

soj

Founder
I don't think Ferrari World is open yet, anyway, hope you had some Travel Insurance, otherwise its going to be an expensive time. Have you looked at other options for getting out of their? A trip down to Asia on a cruise liner or something? Then flight back home?

djuqa

Top Contributor
Brilliant mind at work
How about while he is there opening Netfleet Middle East branch
Some Mega investment in domains in the part of the world

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Folks

Yep, still here, day 5 in the big brother hotel!

Rebooked on 3 flights over the last 5 days. Latest booking was on a flight to Paris last night but they never told me so I missed it! Now told to wait in room for a call for possible flight. Could be in an hour, a day, or a week who knows!

One guy flew to Istanbul, and paid someone $2000 to drive them to UK! Another if getting married on Saturday...at least his speech will write itself! Plenty of tales of all sorts...

I can see Ferrari World from my window - alas, not complete! Sounds amazing though when they do finish it. I wouldn't hold your breath though - this "island" I'm on isnt due to be completed until 2030!

PS - netfleet.ae coming up :)

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I heard of some Italians paying more than $10,000 to get home.....by Taxi from somewhere near the Ice Pole lol.

I really though you were on your way...what company are you "flying" with? And where?

Just go to Rome, then Malaysia will bring you here.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member