What's new

luckydipdesign.com

johno69

Top Contributor
What exactly are you after feedback on?

I'd start with changing the page title from "Just another Wordpress Site"

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks Johno... one thing I'm wondering is there much point in creating posts that contain only an image and very brief text - does google reward this as fresh/unique content?

Am I better off creating one post on a topic, such as "logo design for december" for arguments sake, and just keep updating that post or creating a new post for each logo?

I know it's not your typical generic domain but I'd like this site to rank well for free logo design (to begin with). I don't think in this instance the domain matters that much if each post is about free logo design? Most of the traffic I am generating at the moment is through reddit because I was hoping to create some inbound links but I'm not sure if that's the best strategy to go for?

In terms of design, it's pretty slapdash because I'm waiting for studiopress to release their 'responsive' themes.

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
I really really like the name. I reckon it's a really brandable name. Just roles off the tongue (for me at least)

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi all, could you please do me a favour and visit Lucky Dip Design and pick it to pieces.

• Would really like to know if it is clear what the website does
• If the homepage needs more 'about' information or if just jumping straight in to the content is fine
• Are the two terms and conditions fair and reasonable?

Anything else you can think of. Thanks to 'TheSEOConsultant' (think he's a member here as well) over on ventraip's forums I will be adding a contact page - anything else glaringly obvious like that I have missed?

Thanks!

johno69

Top Contributor
Anything else you can think of. Thanks to 'TheSEOConsultant' (think he's a member here as well) over on ventraip's forums I will be adding a contact page - anything else glaringly obvious like that I have missed?

Thanks!

Hi Ash,

I know this is old, but I was checking out your work and remembered this topic here.

Are you accepting more work? No mention of it on the website, and no instructions how to order.

It does say to submit your design request in the lucky dip barrel but no mention of where you're hiding the barrel :D

Re feedback:

I'd remove the login link in the footer.

Contact page?

Cheers,

Paul.

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

A timely post! Just this last week I have been taking stock of what needs to be updated on Lucky Dip Design and one of those things is finally adding the 'Lucky Dip Barrel'!

At this stage I'm probably going to change the theme to give it a little more of a 'website' feel than a 'blog' feel on the homepage which will probably take a few weeks as I play around with some ideas.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and provide your feedback :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member