What's new

Lottery site

Victor

www.lottery.net.au

Put this up for a bit of fun. It's an old Wordpress theme which I butchered a bit and a logo from the good people at LogoNerds.

Nb the empty space on the right will have some affiliate ads and the footer links don't work yet.

johno69

Top Contributor
The logo is being resized by the html, and is messing it up a bit.

I'd resize it first, then upload it to use. Seems to not be resized proportionally either.

I like the site though. Nice job.

Victor

Thanks folks. Johno, you caught me being lazy (I was testing out sizes for the logo) - must fix it...

johno69

Top Contributor
Even a $50 profit over 12 months is worth it. Multiplied by X sites.. etc. You know the drill.

James

Top Contributor
Is that really going to make anything? Don't see a business model here personally.

I have a few of those similar banned, they pay like $10 CPA,

as said 5 sales and you make ROI.

Another one of the killer affiliate links is a Justin Bieber Quizz 1$ CPA per email, people flooding in..

snoopy

Top Contributor
Even a $50 profit over 12 months is worth it. Multiplied by X sites.. etc. You know the drill.

I know the drill but how about in practice.

Is this site likely to make $50 per year?
Is it worthwhile building and running a site like this for $50 a year?

aus11

Top Contributor
:)
I'll put up some affiliate banners, try and get some traffic to the site and see what happens.

You may as well try and make it pay for itself while you wait for someone to offer you the big bucks for the domain! :)

James

Top Contributor
I know the drill but how about in practice.

Is this site likely to make $50 per year?
Is it worthwhile building and running a site like this for $50 a year?

imo it is better building a small running site which is generating some revenue then leaving the site parked, unless of course you test the methods and parking the domain is in fact generating more revenue I have seen some research around that.

snoopy

Top Contributor
imo it is better building a small running site which is generating some revenue then leaving the site parked, unless of course you test the methods and parking the domain is in fact generating more revenue I have seen some research around that.

This is a domain that would likely make nothing parked. Are we comparing two bad ideas ideas here and deciding with is the "better" choice? Something that will make very little money but requires effort or something that requires no effort and makes nothing?

In my view it would be "even better" to develop a site with clear viability.

Shane

Top Contributor
Do the lottery results have to be manually updated?

If so, it's definitely not worth it for $50 a year! Even $50 a month income would not be worth it for the work involved.

joe

Top Contributor
Do the lottery results have to be manually updated?

If so, it's definitely not worth it for $50 a year! Even $50 a month income would not be worth it for the work involved.

it should be easy enough to scrape the results from somewhere.

ozlotteries pays 5% trailing commission for the life of a customer, so potentially lucrative if you get the right folks signing up i.e. optimists who are terrible at math

Victor

Odd ... just got knocked back by OzLotteries because the site doesn't meet their 'quality/professionalism' guidelines. Will try and find out more - not sure how my site is that much different to lottery.com.au or lotteries.com.au or the other myriad OzLotteries affiliates out there.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member