What's new

Lost 12K-20K per year... Thanks Google

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
I just got slapped by Google...
and I got de-indexed 20-30 mini sites with adsense that where generating $100 per day..
so more or less it sucks

Advise: Rely in different systems . d

To be honest, I'm glad that for me adsense was a bonus... and I generate passive income in other ways...otherwise I will be even more depressed.

I still will pull between 1K to 1.2 per month... but far away from 3K or even more...

I guess bye bye adsense for a while...

hello CPA

djuqa

Top Contributor
Three things to ponder based on my experience (I have over 400+ of my minisites running adsense):-

1/ Maybe need to re-evaluate your concepts of SEO. Modern SEO techniques change more often than most Geeks change Undies.
2/ Try alternative ways of Monetising sites. Paid Links, Targeting advertisers directly, Aff. links.
3/ Try alternative ways of using Adsense. Embedding into RSS Feeds, Smaller ads placed directly in articles.

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
Does google actually take issue with people setting up mini sites? What if they're white hat, unique content etc etc? The reason I ask is because I've started setting up my own ones.

SEOconsultant

Top Contributor
Three things to ponder based on my experience (I have over 400+ of my minisites running adsense):-

1/ Maybe need to re-evaluate your concepts of SEO. Modern SEO techniques change more often than most Geeks change Undies.
2/ Try alternative ways of Monetising sites. Paid Links, Targeting advertisers directly, Aff. links.
3/ Try alternative ways of using Adsense. Embedding into RSS Feeds, Smaller ads placed directly in articles.

Are you making over $150-200 per day? Just wondering...

Smile

Hi Djuga,

Do you have all or most of your sites under one server (IP)
Does anyone know if this affects your rankings. Especially if most of the sites are pointing at each other?

Also, do you have a number of Adsense accounts? Or do you bunch them up in one?

Hope you dont mind the questions. (Im learning as I go...)

Cheers!

djuqa

Top Contributor
Multiple sites on 1 server,with mutiple IP's, has been No problem after 6 years of doing this, I currently use 4 different servers.
1 adsense account is ALL that is allowed.
I had to get approval from Google for the wife's account (She runs a separate portfolio of sites)
Quickest way to lose any adsense earnings would be having multiple accounts. DON'T DO IT!!!
I make 10% of my total minisite income from adsense
90% from aff. and paid links.
My BIG SEO secret
Don't use SEO Techniques , trying to artificially force Search Engine placement is detectable by the SearchBOTS.
Bing loves "title:" meta-tag
Google Loves RELEVANT content. Doesn't have to be unique, despite rumours to the contrary , just RELEVANT.

ALL search engines do not LIKE/use Keyword Metatag, Excessive use of keywords, especially in links. The BOTS especially hate Reciprocal LINKS. One-Way Relevant is what they want, not recursive backtracking.

I have been doing domaining and related development for 6 years. This is my BUSINESS & Life, not a beer-money Hobby. As for calculating income PER site, I consider a profitable site any that earn money for business profitable. A site may not make income directly, but generates traffic for a moneymaking site is still profitable.

2 things I DON't DO:-
PARK Sites
Use Parking Aternatives like WhyBother and Similiar Services.
What I DO:-
Develop minisites using Joomla! and place relevant content.

Last edited:

Shaun

Top Contributor
Djuga - do you have any evidence to support your comments re relevant but "doesn't have to be unique" content?

Hell, I could save so much time...

I guess #1 ranking sites would prove it, or Google blog?

djuqa

Top Contributor
Djuga - do you have any evidence to support your comments re relevant but "doesn't have to be unique" content?

Hell, I could save so much time...

I guess #1 ranking sites would prove it, or Google blog?
Ask Billy01 how many #1 sites he has

Billy01

Top Contributor
100 or so I guess maybe more

Can't keep up to be honest

If they aren't no1 on G they are on the front page of Bing for example

Everything he does turns to Gold

and June 30 is days away. You little ripper tax tax tax and more tax. hehehehe

Last edited:

Billy01

Top Contributor
No one hit Wonders

Not that Djuqa needs any more business but we've got everything from the cure to cancer to Bunnings biggest opponent.

But like I said my favourite time of the year is only a few sleeps away.

You guys focus on G too much.

Why bother when you can retire on Bing

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members