What's new

Looking for feedback of my site imeal.com.au

fintie

Thanks, if you can give me any suggestion on brand and domain protection, I will be really appreciated.

findtim

Top Contributor
first glance I like it, but if I own a restaurant how do I sign up?

I have to go to the bottom to "contact us" and then select "sales"

there is just no call to action, its TOTALLY consumer based but you won't have consumers unless you have providers.

you need a "sales pitch" page for providers, this will weed out the tyre kickers.

"we are a start up..." get rid of that, turns me off investing my time in you, my thoughts go to " i'll wait till they are successful and then I will contact them" , directories are a HARD thing, you need visitors using you and the providers to be used by your visitors.

what I would do is where ever you live, go down the street and offer FREE for life listings to the whole main street, spend time to get them online properly the way you want your site to look, then you now have something to SELL.

your internal pages with menu is GREAT, I love it, get a whole street of them and then you will get money coming in as its JUST 1 street, there are plenty others.

you have to put the cart before the horse, trust me I have been there.

"online food delivery master" change the font, cut to the chase, people want solutions so tell them you are going to give them that, "master" WHO CARES !!! not me, I want to see the words FAST, FRESH, TO YOUR DOOR.....

you have some big players against you so you need to find a niche, a killer USP

hope some of that helps

tim

fintie

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for your suggestions, all of them are valuable to our site. I am trying to add all of them to my current site. As a business do you have more ideas of how to improve its market value, while I am also looking forward to raise the first round funding in some near future.

Thanks again.

findtim

Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for your suggestions, all of them are valuable to our site. I am trying to add all of them to my current site. As a business do you have more ideas of how to improve its market value, while I am also looking forward to raise the first round funding in some near future.

Thanks again.

you'll get funding if you prove the sales potential of the website so go make some sales.

the 4 year marketing degree in one sentence.......

"let people know you exist"

the how to sell degree in one sentence

" everything starts with ONE " meaning, go get 1 Chinese restaurant, 1 thai, 1 steak, 1 fish n chips, etcccccc

once you have 1 of each SELL to their competitors.

tim

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hi Fintie,

When I say this, I say this with complete respect. (So please don’t take me the wrong way.)

You have a long road ahead before you should even think about raising funds.

1. There are some strong competition. Backed by huge databases and funding. Example – EatNow.com.au and DeliveryHero.com.au

2. What is your point of difference to them?
Example – Be the best at something. Eg: The most comprehensive guide in Victoria. (Rather than trying to take on the mass market in the early stages.) Once you have critical mass, you can always expand in to other areas.

3. The interface isn’t attractive and as Tim mentioned no call to action.
However, before you overhaul/rebuild, identify your point of difference/niche. That way you are building with a purpose.

4. As for increasing market value = traffic traffic traffic!!!!
You need to have both upstream (restaurants) and downstream (customers) traffic.
You should be looking at giving away atleast 2 free restaurant profiles in each postcode.

Anyway, some food for thought!

findtim

Top Contributor
ben, all good points

the balance of traffic and real content is the hardest i have found.

i'd put ben's point 4 above his point 2 in importance.
tim

fintie

Thanks Ben and Tim, I believe Asian restaurants and iMeal food delivery service will be our difference to other online delivery sites, as 60% of restaurants don't have delivery service at this point and we are able to make it happen.
Yes, website customization will be my first priority, and I will learn more marketing skills and try to organize my team to accelerate the development.

findtim

Top Contributor
my feeling is you will need diversity to succeed, otherwise go register "asianmeal"

----------
story:

200 metres from my house is a small shopping centre, you know the kind, coles, fruit shop, butcher, pizza, café, video, chemist, doctor etccccccc

EACH week I get a DL in my letter box from the pizza place and the Thai restaurant........ BOTH have white on the back.

why do they not get together and do a duel DL ? they don't compete ! if I want pizza , I WANT PIZZA the printing costs would be @ 33% less to do a front and back.

you know me I have actually told them that but they obviously know better !!!

------------ moral------------

try to bring people together in a sales situation, say "HEY , do you know someone else that may be interested in this........"?

--------

"60% don't....."

stop right there............ don't waste your time trying to convert them, there is major infrastructure/costs /staff that need to be done and if they are not willing to do it now then don't be a part of their pain, ALWAYS go to the easiest sale and that brings you more sales.

------------
I have this thing called "put your hand up theory"

when I want to make an advertising sale I look to the newspapers, radio, tv, billboards bla bla bla, these businesses have thus stated THEY WANT BUSINESS, leave them alone for a while as they will find what they did worked or not, if it didn't ........BAM......... you have yourself an interested advertiser.

research research research.........

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads