1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Locksmith Domain - What To Do?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Snooks, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Snooks

Snooks Membership: Community

Im hoping some of you kind gentlemen will provide some advice on what i should do with a domain name. The name is

www.24hrlocksmiths.net

I registered it about 6 months ago thinking i could do some affiliate sales on what i consider is a great domain name. But despite looking far and wide, i simply cant find any affiliate programmes at all. Not one....i felt sure there would be a locksmith chain or something that i can tie in with...but no :(

So what do you think i should do now? I could sell the name and get little or develop it and hopefully achieve a good price in time to come, or, try and target adsense.

I have attached 2 screen images i took from Google Adwords, one AU and one US. Would you target a specific market or just all countries?

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm unsure what is the best way to go.

Attached Files:

2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Difficult one - the industry is super-local but the domain extension is very broad which doesn't help you.

My suggestion would be to target US and use Adsense (unfortunately) and hope Google's large customer base can deliver some relevant ads for visitors

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I think this is mainly an Australian term yet the extension is American/internationally focused. Doesn't work in my view.

4. Snooks

Mmh....interesting comments. Theres more to this domain stuff than i would have ever believed (LOL)

Appreciate the input :)

5. James

James Membership: VIP

Try looking on private affiliate networks I have seen all types of random companies like Data cable affiliates for example lol

6. Snooks

I tried the known affiliate companies and also searhed intensly via Google, but if you have seen some, i havent been search correctly.

Will try again, thanks :)