1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

local yellow pages

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by findtim, Jan 24, 2017.

1. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    got my "local" yellows pages thrown on the front patio today :mad: it should be banned ! or at least "opt-in"

i say delivery a pallet to every coles/woolies and let people come get them, give it a month then send them back, then they will see actually how many people pick it straight up and put it into recycling

tim

2. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Watched mum pick the local yellow pages and told her Tim says they should not be delivered anymore...... her answer was ........... "Who's Tim?"

Christopher likes this.
  3. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    friday funny

DnEbook likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Membership: Community

Just shows how much we hate Telstra and their greedy fingers prying at our money.

5. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i don't hate them, just the waste, like today i got a letter "to the householder" from the dept of resources, it details how some grub is infesting pine trees and spreading, they need to stop it from reaching the timber farms so report dodgy trees. it also contained 2 full colour a4's of images.
    SO, letter, printing, envelop, ummmm thats a tree isn't it? delivery so how much did that all cost? now thats a waste of our TAX money, a simple DL postcard with a link to more info would have done it.
    we've had 6 trees in our street cut down in the last few months, it didn't take a brochure to see they were dead and dangerous.

tim

Christopher likes this.
  6. Christopher

Oh, I get you. Yes, wasted resources, when they could just digitally tell you about it. For instance this week was the first time, I received marketing information from the ATO, and all digital.

7. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

It's a generational thing, my mum and folk her age still use it, good to be able to opt in or opt out though

Christopher likes this.
  8. Christopher

Had a recent need for one, but it was circumstantial. I was away eastern Victoria, where there was completely no reception, no internet, and we were in a remote area, we had a landline, and needed to order some parts from the nearest town. After 30 minutes of trying to figure out where we should drive too to get better reception, realised the phone book by the phone had the numbers. o_O

DnEbook and findtim like this.
  9. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    sure it wasn't the bible?

DnEbook likes this.