What's new

LL.org via VentraIP

ttfan

Top Contributor
I was searching for some 2 letter gTLDs using the VentraIP website, and happened to notice some available LL.org domains. Finding it hard to believe that these are actually available, I checked ICANN WHois, and of course they were NOT available.
I asked VentraIP why their system would show them as available, and was told (eventually) that the minimum number of characters for .org is actually 3.
They did not seem interested that their system in fact showed that 2 letter .org domain indicated that they were available, and in fact you could buy them via their system (i assume you'd be notified afterwards that the domain was not actually available.

Seems odd that (1) they would not allow 2 letter .org to be registered, and (2) they were not interested in fixing their system.

Thoughts?

Scott7

Top Contributor
In my experience with various registrars, domains showing as available when they are not, happens from time to time (usually just for one gTLD or ccTLD and sometimes anything you type in for that particular TLD will show as available) . In these cases, while the registrar has shown domains as available they have not actually enabled me to register them, so no need for refunds or other complications.

ttfan

Top Contributor
In this case I could register the domain, as I went all the way through the checkout process.

ttfan

Top Contributor
I didn't past the final step where it asked for confirmation of payment details. I would assume that if the system was going to stop me from buying the domain, it would have stopped me earlier in the checkout process.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo