1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Listings on Sedo

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Horshack, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Horshack

Horshack Membership: Community

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that since the Sedo website has been updated, exact .com.au listings don't appear to be displayed with the other exact domain names when you perform a search. For example I know wedding.com.au is listed at Sedo but when you search for wedding all of the other exact domain names including new tlds are displayed but the .com.au is not listed. Instead Sedo starts to list variations of wedding.com even without the keyword variations tab being selected. I don't appear to be seeing the same volume of visits to my listings so I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this as well?

2. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Unfortunately you're right. .com.au domains aren't getting a look in on Sedo anymore.

You actually have to type .com.au into the TLD search box for them to show up in results.

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Maybe it is to do with eligibility? i.e. if you try and sell a .com.au to someone who is window shopping that may well result in problems if they hit the buy button.

Scott7 likes this.
  4. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

They charge more because of the headfuck involved with transferring these kind of names, seems they have now decided to promote a "problem" less to avoid the hassle

5. Horshack

Horshack Membership: Community

Yep looks like they are pushing all the new tld's that can be registered by anyone.