What's new

Links And Titles

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Yoast marks me down for posts and pages that do not have an outgoing link, I understand the theory is that we are making it a better experience for the reader by offering more information options, but i am wondering about the anchor text for these links to other sites? I have been doing something like find..... More Information Here
~
Is there opinions on the inclusion of these outbounds links and the anchor text that goes with them? (pretty unlikely they will ever return the favour)

petermeadit

Top Contributor
The main thing is try to avoid using exact match anchor text or they may ask you to remove the link at some stage. Use more info, or click here, or the website name, or the website url.
Also when outbound linking try to always link to only high quality sites. Google crawls your outbound links and crawl-ability is an important factor.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Basically that's been my approach, I am not too keen to give other folks great anchor links
~
I do not like doing long post lengths as a rule but I guess Yoast has its reasons for recommending it

petermeadit

Top Contributor
The post title will probably form part of the page title depending on your setup. If the page titles are too short google often replaces your title with its own more descriptive title in the SERPs. You also see thus a bit for home page urls with short titles.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo