What's new

Link Removal Requests

Snooks

Top Contributor
Im being innundated with link removal requests from the 4 forums that i own. Most links are forum profiles from spammers who signed up, made a signature link and we either permanently banned or deleted them.

Given the 4 forums have over 2 million posts in total, banned user accounts total tens of thousands and im getting 20-30 requests per day for removal of profile links. Its bloody annoying:(

To this stage i have just ignored requests all except a couple from last night. The guy is a spammer, he spammed me with multiple accounts, verified by emails, locations, ip etc. Like i told him, he spammed us multiple times and now wants our help to improve his seo, or to undo damage to his seo. Well go to hell.........you wasted my time before when i had to chase you spamming us, so im not going to waste my time again simply to help you.

I dont care about the moral angle.....am i under any legal obligation or onus from Google to remove such links? I cant see how but figured i would pose the question to the forum, just in case im wrong.

If im under no legal obligation, then i may well start charging $5 per link, for removal fees, paypable in advance of course. :)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Im being innundated with link removal requests from the 4 forums that i own. Most links are forum profiles from spammers who signed up, made a signature link and we either permanently banned or deleted them.

Given the 4 forums have over 2 million posts in total, banned user accounts total tens of thousands and im getting 20-30 requests per day for removal of profile links. Its bloody annoying:(

To this stage i have just ignored requests all except a couple from last night. The guy is a spammer, he spammed me with multiple accounts, verified by emails, locations, ip etc. Like i told him, he spammed us multiple times and now wants our help to improve his seo, or to undo damage to his seo. Well go to hell.........you wasted my time before when i had to chase you spamming us, so im not going to waste my time again simply to help you.

I dont care about the moral angle.....am i under any legal obligation or onus from Google to remove such links? I cant see how but figured i would pose the question to the forum, just in case im wrong.

If im under no legal obligation, then i may well start charging $5 per link, for removal fees, paypable in advance of course. :)

karma sure can be a strange thing .........charge him $10

Snooks

Top Contributor
Thanks FindTim...i was aware of the video and also the thread, i just didnt wish to hijack the thread given my question wasnt specifically about the tool.

snoopy

Top Contributor

What a funny situation this is. Google's changes must really be effective.

I would definitely charge, especially for the banned members. I don't see why you'd be under any obligation to remove links.

smee

Top Contributor
See Snoopy, an example of how forums can make money! :) Not the example I really had in mind though.

Lucas

Top Contributor
@snooks

Yes, I am getting the same thing from the handful of directories I run.

I had one guy threaten me with legal action the other day. I am pretty sure it was just an empty threat but I did remove the link just in case.

I blame Google for this mess.

findtim

Top Contributor
@snooks

Yes, I am getting the same thing from the handful of directories I run.

I had one guy threaten me with legal action the other day. I am pretty sure it was just an empty threat but I did remove the link just in case.

I blame Google for this mess.

if they put the link there then its their problem not yours, i'd be adding this fact into your terms and conditions and then refering to it in a reply email to say bugger off.

tim

Lucas

Top Contributor
After reading this thread I started responding to removal requests with: "Yes, I would be happy to remove your link for a $5 processing fee".

I just got a $5 payment...

Snooks

Top Contributor
LOL, i made a 35 British Pound removal for 5 links this morning :)

Payment was made under "services" on Paypal, given Paypal do not judge quality, they only judge on wether the service was provided, i dont see how a charge back could happen. Then again....time will tell.

But i hope i get some more :) LOL

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members