What's new

Link Building Strategies for 2014.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Some good insights. Great post....apart from No1. Which I would classify as black hat but yeah...

"Also, if you’re running SEO campaigns for multiple clients, this is a great way to scale link building across multiple clients. You can easily drive links through to more than one client via the same piece of content."

A couple of things that I do that weren't included.

* Pick up the phone
If you can find a phone number, webmasters details and are able to chat with them in person about what you're trying to do, how you may be able to help them etc they are much more likely to respond. Some of my very best links have come from the telephone.

* Press releases are not dead
Online publishers need content. There is no need to spam your press release with links. If you have good content that might be valuable to someone (remembering their is a market for EVERYTHING)
then by all means put a press release out and publish it online in as many spots as possible. Chances are several publishers will pick it up. My tip in this area is stay ahead of the news. Twitter is king for this.

Relationships

Create and foster relationships with publishers, pr agencies, editors, writers etc. As long as it's relevant to their site you have a better chance of promoting your business.

Find Links that send traffic

This is my number 1. A little bit harder in the Australian market but if you can find sites that actually send you traffic this in itself just as powerful as having a backlink. For all I care it could be nofollow. If it's sending good relevant traffic,which increases pageviews, interaction etc this is a good thing. The more time on site and users finding the site without a search engine the better.

...Actually I could go on for hours lol

James

Top Contributor
Yep brian and Tad talk about using offline meetups to get links. I also talked about using direct mail from the recent case study.

Thanks for the suggestions you should have submitted something.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member