What's new

Limited opportunity to make quite a bit of money with AvatarMovie.com.au

Ross

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

A couple of days ago i've registered AvatarMovie.com.au for the upcoming movie (to be released world wide on Dec 18th).
I believe that an opportunity exists to develop this domain and make a lot of money from all the free traffic that will come it's way.

Top 4 Reasons why I believe that AvatarMovie.com.au has MASSIVE potential.

1. The official website is AvatarTheMovie.com.au ... so people will mistype and leave out the "The"
  2. AvatarMovie.com.au is naturally positioned to rank #1 for "avatar movie" which currently gets 60K broad searches and 50K exact searches in australia
  3. These searches will increase to millions with the upcoming release date
  4. Movie will probably widely promoted from all sides (Macca's, Panasonic, and lots of other places) so there will be lots of searches
To give you a small example, i actually own a domain name DarwinFestival.com.au ... while the official website is DarwinFestival.org.au. While the festival was on, i obtained around 32Euros just from parking it on Sedo... that's like $65 which came to me without doing anything.

The proposal

• We partner to develop and monitise the domain name
  • I direct the DNS setting for AvatarMovie.com.au to your server
  • You develop the domain name and get 50% of all the profits
  • You collect the money (I trust you) ... just give me 50% at the end of each month
I believe that 5-6 hours of development and SEO will give you thousands of dollars back for the next 3-4 months.

Next Steps
If you're interested then
  1. send me an email on ross@grantsolutions.com.au or call 0413791140 ... or even reply to this post.
  2. Give 3 reasons why i should partner with you...
  3. Include 2 examples of sites you have developed.

This is not like an interview, i just want to see that you can develop a site... which will make us a lot of money.

Ross

Top Contributor
no takers so far.

So far i've had a grand total of 0 offers ... although one of the DNtrade members did take the time to email me.

I guess this is one of those cases where you think you have a great idea but the market doesn't totally agree.

Anyway, if you're in anyway interested make me an offer (directly on this post is fine... as it might generate some debate).

Otherwise I will be developing the domain myself (when i say developing i mean, putting up a Joomla site and making stuff up for content with a bit of adsense).

But ideally i would want a Pro to do this... and will consider a 60-40 split. You get 60% - I get 40%.

paz

Hi Ross,

I was intrigued I just couldn't really think of any lucrative monetisation strategies.

I don't think there would be many AU affiliate offers that would convert.

I'll have a think and see what I can come up with.

Jonathan

Top Contributor
I just don't see how it would make decent money? Beyond putting up a couple of Adsense boxes, there's not a lot you could do.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I would definitely be interested but I'm flat chat with other sites at the moment.

I do think it's worthwhile - you could get a heap of traffic so even simply adsense supported you would do OK.

One-off websites can deliver an ROI. I put together a really crappy website 4 years ago www.footballworldcup.com.au and it made quite a few hundred over the period of a few weeks. Need to resurrect that one I guess...

johno69

Top Contributor
Any cinema chains offer tickets online with aff programs?

May do better when it does to DVD.

jam

Top Contributor
Get it ranking and you have a winner...
Parking this site is a waste, dvd/blueray sales is where you will make your money.

Ross

Top Contributor
The offer still stands if anyone is intersted

Hi Guys,

Been watching the comments...and here are the stats if you're interested.

I've done nothing to the site... just parked on Sedo... (which I agree is lazy ass thing to do... but also the easiest!)

In the last 3-4 months there have been around 1000 visits and the website generated around 5Euros in Revenue. It's not a lot of money, but it's free money and apparently there are 2 more Avatar movies on the way (along with DVD's etc)... so the site will keep on making $$$.

Hopefully there will be some affiliate programs that i can direct the traffic to... because Sedo doesn't pay much.
With Sedo there is a huge bounce rate on the site...so even putting on Adsense will greatly improve the earnings.

The issue is that i have other projects on the go at the moment... and i'm not that good with development...it takes me a while and is quite frustrating.

I know some of you are good with development so feel free to take up my offer.
I'll even make it 60% - 40% ... happy to give you the bigger share just a long as we both benefit in the end.

Next Steps
If you're interested then:

1. send me an email on ross@grantsolutions.com.au or call 0413791140 ... or even reply to this post.
2. Give 2 reasons why i should partner with you...
3. Include 1 example of sites you have developed.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
it seems if domains are parked correctly it is accepted , although love to read more on this

the last talk I heard was that a business has to have a prove and substantial relation to the domain...now...how you are going to prove that you have a relation to a domain "AvatarMovie" and on top of that you want to display movie ADS?

You may as well prepare them a BBQ...:rolleyes:

Ross

Top Contributor
My understanding is there should be no issues with it because it falls under monetisation.
I own over 200 domains and making money out of them (although unfortunately not much) through ads. Therefore i can keep the domain even though it's not related to my core business.

It can possibly be argued that as an internet marketer i also get money from developing websites... and hence i is directly related to my business.

So i don't see any problems.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members