What's new

Lightest laptop under $1000

Honan

Top Contributor
Can you help?
Looking for a very light laptop/notebook/ultraportable for under $1000 with 12/13/14/15 " screen

What brand should I look for?

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
Acer used to have some great ones that were about $1300 6 months ago so they should have some now for under $1000. Also they had like 8 hour battery life

Hi Joe
I would personally recommend a Apple Macbook Air 11inch (or if you want to spend a tad more a 13 inch one). This would have to be one of the lightest.
My only word of warning is that you wait a few weeks as it is due to be updated with a more powerful processor.
E

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
I was going to suggest the Air as well but it's over $1000. Do you have one? I've got a MBP but I don't normally recommend one to those using Windows if they don't want to switch as I find BootCamp doesn't work as well as it should

EDIT: Honan, have a look at these here (the first one's are 10")

EDIT2: Here's a great value one: http://www.lfo.com.au/index.php?pag...ategory_id=35&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=18 and also has an i5 and 8 hours battery. I haven't looked at these for 6 months (work at Harvey Norman but haven't worked for 4 months due to HSC) but that to me looks like a stunner of a deal. Don't take my word for it because I'm not the most updated at the moment price wise but that looks great

Last edited:

Ash

Top Contributor
Also worth looking at is the Dell XPS 15 laptop (powers of observation failing me once again... this example is probably not the lightest)

(note to self: really must get laptop-computers.com.au up to scratch because this is the second laptop question in 1 week!)

Last edited:

Honan

Top Contributor
Hi Joe
I would personally recommend a Apple Macbook Air 11inch (or if you want to spend a tad more a 13 inch one). This would have to be one of the lightest.
My only word of warning is that you wait a few weeks as it is due to be updated with a more powerful processor.
E
Thanks E
No way I am teaching my Mum how to use a MAC

Honan

Top Contributor
Tthanks Sparky and Ash
I think I am sold on Nova's recommendation , MLN, because they have the weights on the web site and a shop nearby

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Asus series of light notebooks is good. i3, i5 in under 1.5kg packages
I myself have an import Toshiba R705 Portege. 1.3kg or so, great little machine, i5, put in an SSD and it flies for the weight.

Honan

Top Contributor
Asus series of light notebooks is good. i3, i5 in under 1.5kg packages
I myself have an import Toshiba R705 Portege. 1.3kg or so, great little machine, i5, put in an SSD and it flies for the weight.

Thank you zhenjie for providing the weight I should be asking for

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member