1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter to End Users

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by Cooper Mills DomainLawyer, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I was catching up on some blog reading last night and notice a great open letter to end users on Ali Zandi's blog. For those of you who don't know Ali he is a domain name broker and does some decent sales. This could be a nice resource for people selling domains :)

2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Personally I think the typical buyer would hit the close button after the first sentence "It’s time you stepped out of the stone age."

Rhythm likes this.
  3. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Agreed. I'd be hitting the delete button after reading the first line.

Rhythm likes this.
  4. ttfan

ttfan Membership: Community

I think the letter is more about educating companies, rather than a 'first contact' letter trying to sell a domain.
    He makes some good points there... something that can probably be used in follow up letters to end-users, when you're trying to explain the value of a good domain.

5. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Good resource, the trick is getting people to see articles like this before they register JoeAndDelilahsFlowerStore.com!!

Just look at the drops and you'll see even worse than JoeAndDelilahsFlowerStore.com :)

Rhythm and Christopher like this.
  6. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I think it is very domainer centric, arguments that appeal to us, not buyers. Maybe the letter is successful though, if the purpose it to get domainers listing with this broker.

Rhythm likes this.
  7. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i think its got some good ideas and sentences it just needs to be DE-americanised.
    through all the talks about the best domain name one always rings true and that is words that mean something quickly, hotel.com 2 word TLD's like carsales.com.au
    i'm not talking about millions of $ in advertising but names worth buying and then spending millions on.
    "It makes sense. That is what I would expect to find on Hotels.com… Hotels."
    So don't risregard that letter in total i think.

tim

Rhythm and Christopher like this.