What's new

Let’s stop scammers once for good: Welcome MoneyBookers, Goodbye PayPal!

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Dear friends,

During the years we have seen on multiple occasions how PayPal transactions have been manipulated at the expense of many honest domainers.

PayPal refused (and still does) to solve the problem and most of the times we rely on luck or the other person’s past feedback.

This has created a constant downturn in the amount of transactions and an increased risk that in our business should no longer be tolerated.
On the other hand, scammers have been prospering and laughing at us, scamming many of us, sometimes even expert people. All of this, is mining our reputation (non-domainers may confuse the honest domainers with scammers) and I don’t like to deal in an unclear business environment.

We can use the services of MoneyBookers and be risk-free on both sides.

“NO charge back risk for merchants”

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=m_fraudcontrol

So what are you waiting for? You should NOW (not tomorrow) go to www.moneybookers.com and open an account and fund it as soon as possible.
MoneyBookers offers also an extremely cheap escrow service and has an affiliate program if you want to go that way to promote it. (I’m not employed by them and am not advertising any affiliate code here).

Starting today, I NO longer deal with PayPal, nor will I be willing to waive this decision for anyone.
I firmly believe that we can change this bad habit in a few days (that’s how long it takes to fund a newly open MoneyBookers account).

Like for the “restaurant rule”, if we get going, all domainers will join this no-brainer change.

For the past couple of years, I got all the excuses of this world:

- I can’t open one (why? No answer…)
- I’m a friend of…
- I have a good transaction history…
- I don’t have the time to open one…

Enough is enough.

I don’t care if its laziness or any other excuse, if you want to do business with me, whether you are a newbie or the most famous domainers in the world, please OPEN a MB account NOW.

Please, copy and distribute this message to as many domainers you can as fast as you can.

I would also take the chance to ask to the DNtrade staff if they could support this, by making this thread sticky for a while and/or move it to the most appropriate section.

Thank you

djuqa

Top Contributor
Paypal has Better Security measures than MB has.
I would NEVER ever use MB again.

Ask yourself this question
If MB is supposedly better why do very few MAJOR companies use it?

Exactly why don't you like paypal ?

Last edited:

soj

Founder
Sorry italiandragon, I have been a long time user of PayPal, I have never been "scammed" out of money, if you want security when trading domains, use Escrow. If your selling physical items, then you are very safe as a merchant with PayPal, if you are selling digital goods, then you might be a little bit less lucky in regards to charge backs. I have had several charge backs on one of my games and there isn't anything I can do about it (as per PayPal's policies). Though PayPal is trialling a modified chargeback rule system http://www.ecommercereport.com.au/?p=1072

You live with the fact that there will be chargebacks, just like you factor in a loss of stock with a retail shop.

Max

Top Contributor
https://www.paypal-education.com.au/aml/

//The laws impact all financial institutions (including PayPal Australia), as well as other sectors such as the gambling sector, real estate agents, jewellers, solicitors, accountants and bullion dealers//

//PayPal is required to obtain Proof of Identity documents from certain account holders. This is similar to the 100 point check banks do when you open a bank account; the difference is that for the majority of customers PayPal collects this information only when your account balance reaches a certain level.//

//Not all PayPal customers will be impacted, it only affects customers who have signed up on or after 12th December 2007.

For most accounts affected, PayPal is required to authenticate the identity of account holders when the account balance reaches A$1,000. However, for some entities PayPal is required to do this as soon as the account is opened. PayPal is also required to place a partial limit on your account until the Proof of Identity process has been completed. //

//If we have not authenticated your identity by the time your account balance reaches A$1,000, PayPal is legally required to place a low restriction on your account. This means you will not be able to make payments, withdraw funds or close your account.

This will remain in place until we are able to authenticate your identity. You will still be able to receive funds into your account.

If you do not respond within 45 days, this restriction will be escalated to a full restriction and you will not be able to make payments, withdraw funds or receive funds.//

GROUP A
A current Australian or foreign driver’s licence or permit (both sides)*;
An Australian passport (not expired by more than 2 years);
A current foreign/ United Nations-issued passport, including photograph and signature;
A current Australian Proof of Age card – issued by a State or Territory;
A current national identity card - issued for the purpose of identification (Any Country).
An Australian birth certificate issued by a State or Territory;
An Australian citizenship certificate;
A citizenship certificate issued by a foreign government, if not in English, accompanied by an English translation prepared by an accredited translator.
NOTE: The document must show your full name and date of birth and these must correspond with the information you entered when you registered your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal-education.com.au/aml/personal/

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
https://www.paypal-education.com.au/aml/

//The laws impact all financial institutions (including PayPal Australia), as well as other sectors such as the gambling sector, real estate agents, jewellers, solicitors, accountants and bullion dealers//

//PayPal is required to obtain Proof of Identity documents from certain account holders. This is similar to the 100 point check banks do when you open a bank account; the difference is that for the majority of customers PayPal collects this information only when your account balance reaches a certain level.//

//Not all PayPal customers will be impacted, it only affects customers who have signed up on or after 12th December 2007.

For most accounts affected, PayPal is required to authenticate the identity of account holders when the account balance reaches A$1,000. However, for some entities PayPal is required to do this as soon as the account is opened. PayPal is also required to place a partial limit on your account until the Proof of Identity process has been completed. //

//If we have not authenticated your identity by the time your account balance reaches A$1,000, PayPal is legally required to place a low restriction on your account. This means you will not be able to make payments, withdraw funds or close your account.

This will remain in place until we are able to authenticate your identity. You will still be able to receive funds into your account.

If you do not respond within 45 days, this restriction will be escalated to a full restriction and you will not be able to make payments, withdraw funds or receive funds.//

GROUP A
A current Australian or foreign driver’s licence or permit (both sides)*;
An Australian passport (not expired by more than 2 years);
A current foreign/ United Nations-issued passport, including photograph and signature;
A current Australian Proof of Age card – issued by a State or Territory;
A current national identity card - issued for the purpose of identification (Any Country).
An Australian birth certificate issued by a State or Territory;
An Australian citizenship certificate;
A citizenship certificate issued by a foreign government, if not in English, accompanied by an English translation prepared by an accredited translator.
NOTE: The document must show your full name and date of birth and these must correspond with the information you entered when you registered your PayPal account.

https://www.paypal-education.com.au/aml/personal/

Hi Max,

yes that's what I had to go through in order to un-freeze my account, recently.

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Paypal has Better Security measures than MB has.
I would NEVER ever use MB again.

Ask yourself this question
If MB is supposedly better why do very few MAJOR companies use it?

Exactly why don't you like paypal ?

Too long to list!

I'm assessing MB a bit better before to give you a final answer, but yes , it seems it's not that perfect either unfortunately.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member