What's new

less "Standard Catalogue Listing" enquiries and sales with new Netfleet layout

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi, not sure if anyone else has experienced less enquiries for their normal "standard catalogue listings" on netfleet since the layout was changes some time back.

It would be good to see the " recent offers" list back on the main front page

since the netfleet.com.au layout change it seems a massive drop in enquiries and sales of the FREE " standard catalogue listings"

http://www.netfleet.com.au/domain-sales

Can you help out Netfleet? Or is the push for more revenue making sales listing options ( aftermarket auctions, spolight names etc) for netfleet now. No problems but let us all know please.

Last edited:

Shane

Top Contributor
I like that the recent offers table has gone. In the past when I had uncovered a nice domain and made an offer I was always worried that other people would see it in the recent offers table and trump my offer! Without that table on the front page I feel more comfortable in making smaller initial offers.

But I'm coming from a buyer's perspective. I can see how sellers would prefer the recent offers to be visible on the front page!

DavidL

Top Contributor
That's the thing - sellers will always want more exposure buyers will want less!

Would be good to see some stats on overall sales (numbers and value) on both standard and auction month by month.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
there was only 6 Standard Category Listing sales for January since the change from jan 6 as reported here . http://www.netfleet.com.au/domain-sales

Thats pretty dismal and shows the change was bad for free posting sellers doesnt it?

It needs to be fixed to keep the market active and its actually harder now to search than before from the standard list ( thus less enquiries and sales)

Free listings made netfleet was it was hopefully its not further pushed to the hard to find area for buyers.

Recent Offers or a better search area for Standard Listings needs to be put back on the home page where its easy to find for buyers ( and better for sellers).

The lower amount of enquiries and lower reported Standard Listing Sales seems to prove it needs fixing?

aus11

Top Contributor
It needs to be fixed to keep the market active and its actually harder now to search than before from the standard list ( thus less enquiries and sales)

I gave up on NetFleet listings as a buyer because owners never sent me a counter bid after my initial bid. Plenty of times I was more than willing to go much higher - but it seems no one (or the ones I bid on anyway) is interested in negotiating. (which is hard especially if they don't have a target price listed)

jam

Top Contributor
There needs to be a "Standard Catalogue Listing" box like the Aftermarket Auctions and Snapper Auctions on the front page.

Also there should be a link to it under Buy Domains in the navigation.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I gave up on NetFleet listings as a buyer because owners never sent me a counter bid after my initial bid. Plenty of times I was more than willing to go much higher - but it seems no one (or the ones I bid on anyway) is interested in negotiating. (which is hard especially if they don't have a target price listed)

Agree with this. I have bid on heaps and most times dont get any reply. Maybe the owners emails gone dead and the names will drop eventually. Either way its easy to reply to bids with a counter offer and I always try to no matter how insulting some bids are.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I'm not sure I agree. I have definitely seen a lot less sales from the standard listings (still some coming thro though) but I think from what anthony said the other day there have been heaps of auction sales.

Overall sales is what counts... There is only limited homepage space on any website so if auction sales have increased at the expense of standard listings then that's ok.

Anyway Im sure the boys will come back with some numbers so we can see

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I'm not sure I agree. I have definitely seen a lot less sales from the standard listings (still some coming thro though) but I think from what anthony said the other day there have been heaps of auction sales.

Overall sales is what counts... There is only limited homepage space on any website so if auction sales have increased at the expense of standard listings then that's ok.

Anyway Im sure the boys will come back with some numbers so we can see

There is enough space on the homepage to show it isnt there... plenty of white empty areas actually pefect for it to be put back into as " standard Catalogue Listings " and anther as " Recent Offers"?
Standard Catalogue Listings are free for sellers..... is this why its been given no priority or space now and thus why less enquires and sales are going via this area?

Sadly the " spotllight" area seems to be getting so big its not really a spotlight area and just the only way sellers can get their names found by paying other than paying also for the auction.

Hope Netfleet gets this fixed asap or maybe someone needs to start up another totally free marketplace again .. dont know how active this is but maybe it can gain some more traction for Free selling http://www.domainmarketplace.com.au/ No commissions, auctions or listing fees. http://www.domainmarketplace.com.au/aftermarket-sales/ some good sales via this FREE website

Last edited:

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Hope Netfleet gets this fixed asap or maybe someone needs to start up another totally free marketplace again .. dont know how active this is but maybe it can gain some more traction for Free selling http://www.domainmarketplace.com.au/ No commissions, auctions or listing fees.

I wouldn't waste your time with that.. there hasn't been a recorded sale in quite a while.

Does Netfleet not use the "domain spinner" functionality on NetRegistry sites anymore? All I'm seeing is a backorder link now on NR and nothing on Zip.. shame, but I guess it might have affected fresh rego's

Joel

Top Contributor
domainmarketplace looks good, except that they also include all TLDs and 2LDs to pad out the .au listings. The Advanced Search doesn't allow the filtering of domain extension which is an obvious feature that should be included IMO.

Competition is a good thing though - will keep an eye on this site too :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
Well the new system works for me as a seller. I have had way more action in terms of sales through the new auction (albeit at lower prices) and I am quite happy to pay 8%.
Domainnames have you put any through the auction yet?

As a buyer I prefer not to see the recent offers on the hompage too. As someone said earlier if you were keen on a domain, you wanted to put an offer in, you would worry about your offer being highlighted to everyone else.

FPR, yes the name spinner is working for me? I also thing it's the name spinner that really drives the retail buyers in rather than homepage placement

DomainNames

Top Contributor
any updates netfleet when the Recent Offers and Standard Catalogue Listings will re appear and be easily found on the netfleet Homepage? There is some white space you can put it back into!

Might be a nice way to smooth things for us all from the recent hacking of our confidential details on the netfleet site?

Mark

Top Contributor
I haven't ignored this don't worry - I was half way through gathering stats and graphs when more pressing issues arose.

Will be in touch as soon as I can

Cheers
Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics