What's new

latest google update or just a major change to the way it presents results?

elbranch

Top Contributor
I am noticing some big changes on listings and also the way results are presented.

From what I can see google is rewarding high content pages (which means a lot of words on a topic even if the words are ultimately worthless) even on small websites that might not be very old not older than 2 years and maybe with a set of links shared around a network especially with links to internal pages rather than the home page.

Something else I am seeing sometimes is google selecting a section of content from one of the listed websites and presenting it at the top of the search results with the question something like 'is this what you are looking for' and asking for feedback. Included in this was a block of text from a website ranked number 3 on the listings.

Another thing is I was checking my website it listed at the top half of the second page then a day or two later when I checked it, it was at number 2 of the results with a little bit of text attached underneath saying "you have visited this site".

What update are we on now? Has it brought any changes to your area?

helloworld

Top Contributor
There was some kinda non panda/penguin update over the weekend. I noticed some packs had dropped off completely today but as I post this I see 1 is back.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member