What's new

Latest aftermarket auction

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Just a quick note about this week's which are up now

http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=auctions

I'd like to disclose that CloudComputing.com.au is owned by Publishing Australia which does have a connection with Netfleet. So there you go ;)

The auction that just finished looked pretty strong to me. Some decent sales

rt.com.au - $1550
officeproducts.com.au - $1,000
YouthHostels.com.au - $800

What do you guys reckon?

I'm hoping it might be the effect of the affiliate program starting to show although it's probably too early for that to make a huge difference.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
great names.. bargain price for both officeproducts.com.au and YouthHostels.com.au. Many of the others listed for sale didnt seem to be worthy of an auction but unless someone just wanted to dump them instead of renew?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
The auction that just finished looked pretty strong to me. Some decent sales

rt.com.au - $1550
officeproducts.com.au - $1,000
YouthHostels.com.au - $800

What do you guys reckon?
I think Office Products and Youth Hostels both achieved fair value. Both are good names, both have good potential.

I'm hoping it might be the effect of the affiliate program starting to show although it's probably too early for that to make a huge difference.
Have you guys had many sign up for your program yet?

unless someone just wanted to dump them instead of renew?
I imagine there will always be an element of this.

Mark

Top Contributor
great names.. bargain price for both officeproducts.com.au and YouthHostels.com.au. Many of the others listed for sale didnt seem to be worthy of an auction but unless someone just wanted to dump them instead of renew?

Well, sometimes it makes sense having a last ditch attempt at selling a domain before it expires. We have often let domains lapse intentionally, only to see them go in the drops for a worthy amount :( One mans trash is another mans treasure I guess

I think Office Products and Youth Hostels both achieved fair value. Both are good names, both have good potential.

Have you guys had many sign up for your program yet?

Yes, we've had a great start to the affiliate program so far, and that's with only little marketing too. However, you can have all and sundry sign up, but it will be the active ones who actually make a difference.

We're currently working on various sales banners and other sales goodies which will be made available to our affiliates this week, so hopefully that will help too

Chris.C

Top Contributor
We're currently working on various sales banners and other sales goodies which will be made available to our affiliates this week, so hopefully that will help too
What you really need is an AUDA policy change, then your affiliate program would crank!

I don't know many people with ABNs...

:(

shags38

Top Contributor
Nice results although they probably would have fetched better prices if they were
3DOfficeProducts and 3DYouthHostels

KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Good to see the auctions happening on a regular basis - I went to list some names for next week but it was full and the week after only had 26 slots left so it seems that people are responding well. The only names I have that are past the 6 month embargo thingy are 3D names which I don't think will be suited so I will have to wait a while before I can list some of my other non 3D names that are still, well to put it bluntly, they are still in nappies.

Glad to hear about the banners for the affiliate program - I was going to attach my code to a home made banner but no need now :) Do referrals from Botswana qualify?

cheers,
Mike

DavidL

Top Contributor
Auction Ends 1 Hour Early on Tuesday

Due to a certain horse race, we have decided that we will bring Tuesday's auction finish time forward to 2pm AEDT. Don't want the 'last minute bidders' to be in conflict with how they spend their money :)

Also, I thought time to do a Friday spruik (I mean independent analysis) on a few of the domains up for auction this week....

CloudComputing.com.au - this is obviously a fantastic category killer (my domain too!) in an exploding industry. Just do a Google news search and on any given day there are at least 50 articles referring to it. The most obvious interest for domainers with this one is a flip to a multi-national. Dell bought CloudComputing.com and CloudComputing.co.uk for undisclosed sums for example...

OnlineDvds.com.au - pretty clear that the DVD market is moving from stores to online/mail order systems. Yes, in 10 years time, DVD's may be obselete but until then DVD's are still a massive mainstream product.

PrivateMedicalInsurance.com.au - CPC is around $20 - that's how lucrative this industry is. PrivateHealthInsurance.com.au is better for sure but would easily be a mid $XX,XXX name in my opinion. This has got to be the #2 term for this industry, says the same thing, still defines the industry, has good search and all of the CPC. Can't believe no bid - are you guys crazy?!!

AtkinsDiet.com.au - massive search for this one. Obvious development route and huge industry for advertising revenue. I see lose weight ads everywhere...

BestHealthInsurance.com.au
- again combination of a natural search term and a highly brandable name in a big money industry. The domainer's trifecta! You just can't ask more from a domain can you?

GameHunting.com.au - small local industry but it's a veritable category killer with clear development path.

White.net.au - massive search term. Sure it's a net.au but how brandable and, as Joe pointed out in another thread, it's a massive surname (we've sold several surname domains (inc net.au) and have a current offer of $4,500 on Johnson.com.au if you want evidence of the value of surname domains (and, for emails, people tend to be almost as happy with a net.au than a com.au)).

MuscleCar.com.au - Never realised until recently how big this industry is (and I work in automotive). Some of these cars go into 6-figures and there are legions of fans

Ok that's just a few that caught my eye. In general I think this is the best quality auction so far. Lots of others are easily worth a few hundred at the very least.

Lastly, remember Melbourne Cup day on Tuesday so place your proxies early. For the bargain hunters, this might mean that some of the domains go relatively cheaply if the competition is otherwise engaged....

DavidL

Top Contributor
Bump - don't let this slip your mind!

I'm still amazed that several of these great domains have no bids. Am I either:

1) Biased because it's a Netfleet auction
2) Plain wrong and PrivateMedicalInsurance.com.au etc simply aren't worth $100
3) Jumping the gun and everybody's going to pile in at 1:55pm?

Or all of the above?

PS some decent domains expiring today too inc BoatCharters.com.au so save some of your betting money :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
Well CloudComputing.com.au sold for $8,001 so that's a great result. $1 shy of an aftermarket auction record (being eCommerce.com.au which sold for $8,002 @ Drop!)

New auction is up and running and there are some great domains in there. So you know, the following domains are owned by Publishing Australia:

29.com.au
ComparisonRates.com.au
CurrencyConverterCalculator.com.au
fascinators.com.au (topical!)
TaxConsultants.com.au (inferior singular sold for $700 on Drop with 6 mth restriction)

But aside from these there are some really solid domains in this auction including

AlloyWheels.com.au
FlashUSBDrives.com.au
SexPages.com.au
HomeLoanSimulator.com.au
LandRegeneration.com.au
FreeVouchers.com.au
BodyBoard.com.au
Bars.net.au

And many others. Full list here:

shags38

Top Contributor
Well CloudComputing.com.au sold for $8,001 so that's a great result. $1 shy of an aftermarket auction record (being eCommerce.com.au which sold for $8,002 @ Drop!)

New auction is up and running and there are some great domains in there. So you know, the following domains are owned by Publishing Australia:

29.com.au
ComparisonRates.com.au
CurrencyConverterCalculator.com.au
fascinators.com.au (topical!)
TaxConsultants.com.au (inferior singular sold for $700 on Drop with 6 mth restriction)

But aside from these there are some really solid domains in this auction including

AlloyWheels.com.au
FlashUSBDrives.com.au
SexPages.com.au
HomeLoanSimulator.com.au
LandRegeneration.com.au
FreeVouchers.com.au
BodyBoard.com.au
Bars.net.au

And many others. Full list here:

Nice one David - quick question, what is NetFleets position in respect to names being submitted for the aftermarket auction that are still within the AUDA 6 month embargo time frame??

cheers,
Mike

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members