What's new

Large scale eCommerce platform experiences

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Has anyone had experience with large scale eCommerce platforms that can handle 10,000+ SKUs. I'm currently looking at Magento Enterprise as I've had experience with Magento CE, but would like to review other alternatives.

I noticed Targets new shop uses Hybris, it runs quite smooth and quick but doesn't seem that advanced from what I can tell.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Zhenjie,

Some years ago, I used Instantestore.comfor my online flower and gift store fussy.com.au.

These guys are Malaysian based, and their service and product were sensational. The CEO is Charles Tang - and he is a switched on friendly guy.

I have just had a look at their site again, and it seems as if they have gone from strength to strength.

They have eCommerce in a box; or you can get customisation done very cheaply.

They do have a 30 day free trial as well.

As far as number of products are concerned, apparently it is unlimited.

http://www.instantestore.com/online-product-management.cfm

Hope that is of help.

Cheers, Ned

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Thanks Neddy. looks like a good outfit for a hosted solution, but their portfolio does really show any big eRetailers with large operations. Plus need ability for easy intergration to mobile/apps,etc that some other big platforms can provide.

soj

Founder
Id like to know what the new Dan Murphys online store is running, looks very very slick!

Hey there guys.... I'm new to this forum and got to know about this from my good friend Neddy. Anyway, I run the InstanteStore ecommerce store platform. We have a 30 Day Free Trial and you guys can try it out. http://www.instantestore.com/free_trial.cfm

Zhenjie, I see that you are looking for a new platform for your store. I can definitely help you out. Here's one of our Aussie client site, www.mammothmerchandise.com.au.

As you can see from the design and the site layout etc., we can work on a pretty customized store for you to suit your needs.

I am actually currently in Melbourne till next week, after the Easter weekend. So if you want to talk further about developing your site, I can even give you a call to speak with your further. :)

Cheers!

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Hi escharles!

I checked InstanteStore on Neds recommendation and you really do have a good hosted solution, in fact I might actually get in touch soon for another project.

For this large one though, we are looking for a enterprise solution. So far its down to systems like Magento Enterprise, Demandware, Hybris and other SaaS systems. Its basically a very large SKU base (100k+ in future) and has to work with some current backend systems/dbs, so a hosted solution is ruled out.

Hey Zhenjie... Thanks for your compliments! We've been working hard to continually upgrade and work on InstanteStore. Actually, we do custom jobs as well. There is a site called bigwoolly.com and we're actually the one that worked out the solution for them to set up the stores etc as well. So apart from hosted solution, we do work on custom jobs as well. We just need to know your requirement and we can work it out for you from there.

For enterprise customers, we will use InstanteStore as the "base" and make any changes/modifications necessary to suit the customer. It will be on a separate server or server cluster, depending on your needs. So, you will not be limited by what you see on InstanteStore.

We have our own group of designers as well if you need design help. Anyway, I will be looking forward to working with you, Zhenjie!

You can give me a tinkle anytime on our local number at 03-9015 9790. Or you can email pme directly. I do reply to my emails quicker than via this forum! :)

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member