What's new

keyword domains will be hit hard for SEO by Google.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
What he is talking about is the tradeoff between brandables and keywords.

With quotes like "Have been thinking about adjusting that mix". It may not necessarily help you "as much" - I don't believe we will see any substantial impact.

At the end of the day G wants to serve up relevant results.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
all the more reason to by keyword domains so at least you get type ins and not just put your hopes on google to make your business a success. There wil always be people who trust and type in keyword domains its justcommon sense. example cars.com.au ... boats.com.au loans.com.au are easyfor a "novice" to search for and type in which they do.

James

Top Contributor
all the more reason to by keyword domains so at least you get type ins and not just put your hopes on google to make your business a success. There wil always be people who trust and type in keyword domains its justcommon sense. example cars.com.au ... boats.com.au loans.com.au are easyfor a "novice" to search for and type in which they do.

Yeah but type in traffic is very very small, even on good domains.

I am all for not relying 100% on Google but you need to hit all areas of the web for traffic and offline too..

Billy01

Top Contributor
Type in Time

If G keeps putting out the local rubbish results it does. eg I was searching for an ad agency yesterday and had to use Bing (Thank God) Type Ins for Aust are 18 months away. One word generics are always going to do fine for free.

payattention

Archived Member
James, I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest Google will hit exact match or keyword domains hard.

If the content farmer update was anything to go by, I doubt it will impact anyone who builds quality sites for the long term. Parked EMD won't be affected as they don't rank in the first place, so who exactly will this change impact in a significant way?

Sure, Google might tone it down a little but what else are you going to do? Purchase a non-keyword domain name? I doubt it. In most cases people will still opt for keyword based domain names and it's the correct move regardless of what Google does.

Shane

Top Contributor
Yeah but type in traffic is very very small, even on good domains.

Yeah, I can't speak for the rest of the internet population, but I have never performed a "type in" when searching for something.

I have done plenty of times out of curiosity, but never when actually looking for information or to make a purchase.

James

Top Contributor
James, I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest Google will hit exact match or keyword domains hard.

If the content farmer update was anything to go by, I doubt it will impact anyone who builds quality sites for the long term. Parked EMD won't be affected as they don't rank in the first place, so who exactly will this change impact in a significant way?

Sure, Google might tone it down a little but what else are you going to do? Purchase a non-keyword domain name? I doubt it. In most cases people will still opt for keyword based domain names and it's the correct move regardless of what Google does.

Yeah if you build a quality website you will not have any thing to worry about, if you have quality links and high quality content.

The ones these changes will impact on are people who have a exact match domain and have say 10 pages and a few links and are ranking.

snoopy

Top Contributor
If G keeps putting out the local rubbish results it does. eg I was searching for an ad agency yesterday and had to use Bing (Thank God) Type Ins for Aust are 18 months away. One word generics are always going to do fine for free.

Type ins are limited for .com.au because of the size of the market, type in traffic isn't going to suddenly take off. Even with very popular terms we aren't talking about a lot of traffic, not enough to really build a business out of (it will help though of course).

snoopy

Top Contributor
Yeah, I can't speak for the rest of the internet population, but I have never performed a "type in" when searching for something.

I have done plenty of times out of curiosity, but never when actually looking for information or to make a purchase.

I would say the majority of it is people looking for specific sites and getting a letter wrong, missing a word, not remembering the full name etc. Would say the minority is "search" type traffic where people think there might be exactly what they are looking for on a specific domain.

Personally I type in domain all day but not as a means of searching. Probably a bit of polling on domains with type in traffic could really give an answer to that question though I don't think anyone has ever done it.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
We get huge amounts of type ins. I guess you just have to buy the right names to pay more and get the best names to get the benefits!!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member