What's new

Just got my first offer on Sedo.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Hello DNTrade members.

I purchased a smattering of .com domains in January this year. I parked and listed for sale most of them on SEDO.

Today out of the blue, I got an offer for one of them of 500USD and my asking price is 1288USD.
Domain name: perthpropertyguide.com

Question:
What should I counter with? (if at all)
I've never sold a domain before at all (first time). As mentioned it is on SEDO. Any tips you may have or 'need to know' advice?

Thank you

Shane

Top Contributor
First of all, well done!

I have sold a few domains through Sedo and it's a pretty straightforward process.

Was the domain a hand reg or did you buy it in the aftermarket? I'd probably go back with something like $1,000. I don't know what the domain is worth, but $500 is a decent opening offer in my opinion.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Would say the name isn't really worth anything, as an example perthrealestateguide.com is available for reg. So I think it comes down to risk I think.

Do you want to see a definite sale? if so accept, if you want to take a chance then go higher. There is no right or wrong, it is basically flipping a coin I think when the name isn't worth much. Would price under $1000 either way since it is a barrier.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Excellent help Shane, acheeva and snoopy; really appreciate it. :)

I was thinking along similar lines but just needed that expert/experienced confirmation.

Thank you.

P.S Shane; hand reg. Flying back to Australia today so I'll counter when I arrive tomorrow.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Can report that the transaction is complete and the dosh comes out of Sedo's escrow shortly.
First domain sale so I'm happy with the result.
Hand-reg'ed at 10 bucks; wait 4 months and turn it into a Sedo sale of 525. Sedo takes 79 commission leaving me 446.

Now I need to rinse and repeat.

:)

aus11

Top Contributor
Can report that the transaction is complete and the dosh comes out of Sedo's escrow shortly.
First domain sale so I'm happy with the result.
Hand-reg'ed at 10 bucks; wait 4 months and turn it into a Sedo sale of 525. Sedo takes 79 commission leaving me 446.

Now I need to rinse and repeat.

:)

Congratulations! That is a pretty quick turnaround. :D

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics