What's new

jobs.com.au - now developed

DavidL

Top Contributor
Just got this on my email:

Fairfax Media is very pleased to announce the launch of a new employment website, Jobs.com.au, on November 22.
Catering to the needs of job seekers looking for employment in their local area, Jobs.com.au will provide a digital network complementing the 200+ Australian Regional Press and Fairfax Community Network regional and local titles.
During an introductory trial period, all MyCareer.com.au advertisements will also appear on Jobs.com.au.
What does this mean for you?
1. All job listings will appear in the same format and sectors as on MyCareer.com.au.
2. Extended reach of job advertisements and employer branding to local communities.
3. Increased opportunity to fill job vacancies.
To find out more contact your MyCareer Account Manager or Customer Support on
1300 799 337

Some of you may remember the controversy 3 years ago

http://specht.com.au/michael/2007/05/04/more-on-the-sale-of-jobscomau/

snoopy

Top Contributor
Maybe they'd be better off renaming mycareer rather than having two sites with the same content.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
might see a big launch of Jobs.com.au next year if they get their marketing right this time.. Seek.com.au basically has the market and fairfax need to more fully use the generic domain names they have open to them now to get some better market share. with 30,000 domain names and the resources at their disposal they should be killing all the industry segments but they arent yet. I bet they wish they bought the news.com.au domain name years ago!

Jobs.com.au would be a killer if they get it right. and maybe start by charging less than seek.com.au ! Many people think seek.com.au is overpriced now. It should be about 25% of its current price really.. but hey if they can get the $$ why not charge it until some more competition comes along

I dont think using jobs.com.au and mycareer together works very well. Yiu cant run to branded sites ( same content) very well.. dont know how they will fix this problem.. they spent so much $$ on mycareer. If I was them I would rebrand as Jobs.com.au and just point the mycareer to jobs.com.au

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members