What's new

Is this old news

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I have just sold a name which is due to expire and now i have discovered that this private sale cannot do the Cor until i transfer the name to netfleet/

Remember we used to supply the email of the buyer

Question is how long do we have to transfer a name once it expires ?

Was this change made public ?

I am told i can initiate the Cor once in my name but the Cor section only offers a buyers option ??

This post is to help others who may not be aware of the change in Cor procedures at Netfleet, the support tickets have been answered quickly but still not pleased to left wondering how i can do a Cor when there is no obvious option

Ok vent over but still in the dark about this, will the buyer be able to start the Cor once the names transfers ?

Quote from the support ticket

'The domain is at drop, if you transfer the domain to Netfleet you will be able to trigger the COR as the seller'

Are you saying you are then going to charge me commission and the buyer a sales fee for a private sale outside netfleet, sorry but this is all quite muddy

Please let us know how a 'private sale Cor' works in this situation

Thanks

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
I have just sold a name which is due to expire and now i have discovered that this private sale cannot do the Cor until i transfer the name to netfleet/
Yes if you want to use Netfleet's $18.43 COR process you will need to transfer your domain to Netfleet.

Remember we used to supply the email of the buyer
You still supply the email of the buyer, we still invite them and you can still nominate either party to pay

Question is how long do we have to transfer a name once it expires ?
You have 30 days in which to transfer the domain and you can still process a COR on an expired domain.

Was this change made public ?
No

I am told i can initiate the Cor once in my name but the Cor section only offers a buyers option ??
As I said in the ticket, once the domain is in your account you will see the correct option, issue is you have no domains at Netfleet right now so you cannot see the option. I have updated the interface with a message to make this more obvious

This post is to help others who may not be aware of the change in Cor procedures at Netfleet, the support tickets have been answered quickly but still not pleased to left wondering how i can do a Cor when there is no obvious option
Once the domain is in your account you will see the option.

Ok vent over but still in the dark about this, will the buyer be able to start the Cor once the names transfers ?
As per the support ticket, NO the buyers are no longer able to initiate a COR.

Quote from the support ticket

'The domain is at drop, if you transfer the domain to Netfleet you will be able to trigger the COR as the seller'

Are you saying you are then going to charge me commission and the buyer a sales fee for a private sale outside netfleet, sorry but this is all quite muddy
Where in that quote does it say I am planning to charge you a commission? :mad: The service is still provided for only $18.43 including GST and 2 years registration.

Please let us know how a 'private sale Cor' works in this situation Thanks
The only change for a seller is that you must transfer the domain to Netfleet before you can start the COR.

The change for a buyer is that you cannot start the transfer process. This was creating confusion so we have removed this option.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
You have used the term seller ,,,, as this change has not been made public who knows what is going on until a support ticket is lodged? As stated this post was also made to inform people like myself who may be caught out on this new procedure that i cannot understand why you did not publically announce. Sorry but in my view just more unnecessary chages as per billy01's recent post in the netfleet section.
~
As per usual many thanks for your time ......regards

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
As a result of your ticket I updated our interface on Friday so that it is now obvious to anyone else who is a long time client, has every single domain at a competitor, who is making private sales and then wanting to make use of the cost price change of registrant process that they first need to transfer the domain to Netfleet.

Lets hope that between this thread and the interface changes no one else experiences any difficulties.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members