1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this any Good?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Snooks, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Snooks

Snooks Membership: Community

Im just trying to learn whats good and whats bad. Funny....A week ago i thought i knew something (LOL) but now i know i dont :)

So can i ask:

A one word domain - its a .net.au
    Globals 6,120,000 Local 165,000 CPC AU$0.62 Adwords tool showing very little competition on that exact word.

Its a poor CPC but would you think its a "workable" domain, taking into account its very easy to remember??

The .com. .com.au and the .net are all parked domains.

Im hoping this info will allow for a "rough opinion" or two :)

Thanks guys :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    It's very difficult to say without knowing more information, particularly what niche the keyword is in.

I only go net.au when it's a strong keyword that I plan to develop, and only when I'm building a website intended to gain traffic from search engines rather than branding.

If you're only registering for resale rather than development, I wouldn't bother unless it was a super strong keyword, all of which would be taken anyway.

3. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    That's alot of search volume if the match type was set to exact. Is there a clear way to monetise the domain?

4. Snooks

Thats the stats for Australia only.......a clear way to monetise??? I dunno....probably a few methods but as to which is best?? Match type was set to exact.

Screenshot of search attached.

Attached Files:

5. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    If the search volume is so high, yet the competition is low than it sounds like a very broad keyword.. and as such may be hard to build a site for and make good money from.

PM me the name if you want.

6. Snooks

That is exactly what i thought may be the issue. Im asking more a a learning curve rather than getting this exact name and the fact i cant see clearly what the site would do, well that probably confirms your thoughts.

I will send you a pm anyway :)

7. djuqa

djuqa Membership: Trader

Go for it.
    I have .net.au domains with Lousy Search results and Low CPC that still pay for themselves.

8. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

Maybe this is just me but it's worth the risk if you believe at the very least you can pay off the investment

9. paz

paz Member

If you quantify your time and add that into the investment cost...then maybe.

10. James

James Membership: VIP

Are your results in Exact Match, Phrase Match or Broad Match?

Like said if it is in a good niche it is worth it, I purchased some random insurance .net.au's around 10 month ago, now I see decent results from them, yet I have invested time into them.