What's new

Is it possible to make Google read right to left?

Alex

Top Contributor
I have read Google reads left to right? If so does having a slider to the right of content mess around with Google?

The reason I ask...

Am reworking the homepage of a site of mine that has a slider in it with a large image that appears to the left of what I am now planning / thinking about making into static content.

Currently the slider includes the content, but am planning to take the content part out of the slider and make it a static text field that links to the About US page.

Also am planing to put a About oUs video on homepage.

Kind Regards,
Alex

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Googlebot likely doesn't see the page as you do.

In web master tools there is an open to fetch as Googlebot.. I suggest you check that out

petermeadit

Top Contributor
In general I am not a fan of slider content. It does not add any real value and most people do not take the time to look at all the slides. Also, unless there is clear text in the sliders, not much for Google to grab onto.

Nothing against Sliders really, I use them on plenty of sites. Just that you probably need some decent text content for Google to sink its teeth into. Thin content does not really help when you are trying to improve your rankings.

findtim

Top Contributor
I don't know if this helps but " back in the old days........" when we were actually writing php instead on wordpress doing it, I would create my tables to "skip" to the right before coming back to the left thus making google see the right tables first.

the reality now is I feel you just shouldn't do it, responsive design has killed all those methods in my view and rightly so.

I think what you are trying to do is a waste of time, there are more important things you can do to a website then spend time on that issue.

as peter said ( even though I LOVE sliders )
HTML:
need some decent text content for Google to sink its teeth into

I truly believe sliders used correctly provide "stickiness" to a website, I think MOST often they are use incorrectly and create a high bounce rate ( I have no proof except for my own experience )

as for words in sliders if you are using a jpg based slider then you have no seo value, search for a "layed" slider which may give you some more google value, i use a few different sliders so i'll try to post a report soon on the ones i use and why for different projects.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
Code canyon "revolution slider" is pretty easy to use. There's a Wordpress version too.

Has layers.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member